Parent Co of SCT/Bully Dog fined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    I still want to see that wood dumbbell rack.

thumbs up.

Comment

IMO, its just a political statement to counter the asshole coal-rollers, et al
      Post-2013 on-highway diesels are putting out 98% less NOx and PM than they were 20 yrs ago (10.7 g/bhp-hr down to 0.02 g/bhp-hr for NOx if I remember right). They're damn clean.
      There are over 7 million diesel cars on the road in the US, and probably 2 million commercial diesels. 363,000 units have been sold by Derive (Derive formed in 2014, so lawsuit probably covers 4 yrs). Drop in the bucket.

Comment

Why would it break your shit "eventually" ?

What breaks and who's saying this?
        I'm not sure if you're giving him a hard time or genuinely asking...but typically parts are designed for a specific life with a specific operational profile in mind that is largely constrained by factory power and torque output settings.

A 20-30% increase in torque may have a huge impact dpending on where in the fatigue curve the part lies and what the material is.

So while a tune alone may not do too much, frequently using the additional output that the tune gives you could. It really depends on the extent of the tune, frequency of usage and design margin in the vehicle.

Comment

IMO, its just a political statement to counter the asshole coal-rollers, et al
          Post-2013 on-highway diesels are putting out 98% less NOx and PM than they were 20 yrs ago (10.7 g/bhp-hr down to 0.02 g/bhp-hr for NOx if I remember right). They're damn clean.
          There are over 7 million diesel cars on the road in the US, and probably 2 million commercial diesels. 363,000 units have been sold by Derive (Derive formed in 2014, so lawsuit probably covers 4 yrs). Drop in the bucket.
          You know them hoes ain’t paying retail on that fine.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Don't worry, svo already has a prototype for the EPA work-around of the original deceptive program and is gonna pay the fine in cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I'm not sure if you're giving him a hard time or genuinely asking...but typically parts are designed for a specific life with a specific operational profile in mind that is largely constrained by factory power and torque output settings.

A 20-30% increase in torque may have a huge impact dpending on where in the fatigue curve the part lies and what the material is.

So while a tune alone may not do too much, frequently using the additional output that the tune gives you could. It really depends on the extent of the tune, frequency of usage and design margin in the vehicle.
              Good points. Because the context of this was in reference to deleting and / or disabling of the emissions control equipment, and not necessarily tuning for more HP / Torque, I took Gassers comment as specific to that (and assume Strychnine did as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Good points. Because the context of this was in reference to deleting and / or disabling of the emissions control equipment, and not necessarily tuning for more HP / Torque, I took Gassers comment as specific to that (and assume Strychnine did as well).
                Oh I dont doubt gasser wasnt sure of what he was talking about...and just going on what he heard. But I also dont know enough to know if theres a reason to defeat emissions controls without attempting to gain tq/hp. Is there a mileage gain or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Oh I dont doubt gasser wasnt sure of what he was talking about...and just going on what he heard. But I also dont know enough to know if theres a reason to defeat emissions controls without attempting to gain tq/hp. Is there a mileage gain or something?
                  On the 6.0L Powerstrokes, the EGR cooler is a big point of failure; removing it and disabling the EGR makes the truck a lot more reliable.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

In the old days companies got around the EPA regs by selling things that defeated emissions stuff for "off road" purposes only, like the catalytic converter "test pipes".

It seems like they could sell their stuff for off road purposes only and get the EPA off of their ass?

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      On the 6.0L Powerstrokes, the EGR cooler is a big point of failure; removing it and disabling the EGR makes the truck a lot more reliable.
                      Catalytic converters have been a major point of failure on many Nissan and GM engines, removing and disabling them makes them more reliable and less prone to burning to the ground.

Comment

I make every customer fill out a tune authorization form before tuning their vehicle. Always have.. I don't sell SCT stuff to California addresses either.

If someone is buying a tune file for a SCT device from me, I still verify address.

Hope that's good enough to keep me an authorized reseller. We'll see.

Comment

I still want to see that wood dumbbell rack.
                          Do a search. Get with the times.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Do a search. Get with the times.
                            Just did, here is what I found...

Comment

Wonder how it’s going to affect the Pro Racer software? Are they gonna limit our access to tables? What if we just never update?

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
                                Wonder how it’s going to affect the Pro Racer software? Are they gonna limit our access to tables? What if we just never update?
                                Do you have unlimited tune count?

Comment

Working...
                                X