Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHL Class?

Is it a pain in the ass?

easy as taking a shit. range qualifying is a joke and the test is written so an 8th grader could pass it. only hitch is it's a 10 hr class but I took mine at Cabelas so I could walk around and shop on breaks.

Comment

Nothing to it, just stay awake for the class so you can pass the written. If you can't pass the shooting, you have no business holding a gun....it's damn easy.
      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Super easy. The class i took they basically gave you all the answers. Then said when in doubt answer true. Because most of the answers are true. But it's super easy. And as said before if you suck at shooting you don't deserve to carry a gun.

Comment

I can shoot pretty good. The class part is what will kill me. I cant stand sittin inside on nice days like we have had lately.

Comment

Pain in the ass? Yes. Easy? Also yes.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I think some classes are broken up into 2 4hour chunks if the 8 hours at once is too much

Comment

Nothing to it. One day out of your life and a few bucks is worth legally carrying for the next 5 years. Renewal is only a half-day.

It's less an obstacle, and more like a chance to really look at some of the particulars that you need to know to keep yourself out of trouble. You really do want to become familiar with state AND federal laws governing possession and usage of weapons.

The truly hard part is after the class, when you submit your paperwork and have to wait to get your plastic in the mail.
                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thanks for the input. Thinkin this might be a good one for the girlfriend and me to do together.

Comment

Simple.

The shooting was the easiest for me.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                      I think some classes are broken up into 2 4hour chunks if the 8 hours at once is too much
                      Our 8 hours included lunch, pictures, fingerprints, driving to the range and range time. Obviously some people will be done first at the range since you can't all shoot at once. My total time invested was 6hrs.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Our 8 hours included lunch, pictures, fingerprints, driving to the range and range time. Obviously some people will be done first at the range since you can't all shoot at once. My total time invested was 6hrs.
                        Oh I know but apparently some people cant sit thru an 8 hour day

Comment

For the people who have completed it, how long did it take you to get your permit back once the paperwork was submitted.

Comment

Month or two if I remember right, but I think it varies.

The class and shooting is a breeze. If ya can't deal with the class....I dunno, you probably should be on medication.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Marisa got hers pretty quickly, 5 or 6 week turnaround.

The class was simple, some lady shooting a derringer qualified with it.. so you'd have to be a complete retard not to.

Comment

Working...
                              X