Why shouldnt I get a Judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why shouldnt I get a Judge?

I got some gift cards at work for Cabelas and the only 2 things I could think of that I wanted were a Taurus judge and a new thermal imager. For the resolution I want... the thermal imager will be like 7x as expensive so the giftcard wont come close to covering it.

But it will cover a fair amount of a judge and it's a gun I've wanted for awhile no. I've used my grandfather's and it was great.

Why shouldn't I just buy one? Aside from the Taurus hate...is there anything out there better if you already have a few pistols, ar and shotgun?

If you wouldn't feel well armed with a pump 410 shotgun then a judge is not for you.

In my opinion they're not worth carrying but not because it's a Taurus, I actually like Taurus
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Cause you're too fat for a judge, that's why! Punk!! Google the definition of starvation.
      WH

Comment

They are a decent gun for what they are. (but then everything is really a niche weapon) I use mine for a tractor gun/walking around the property gun. Shotshells for snakes and small varmints, slugs for bigger varmints. I don't think it makes a very good personal defense gun though. I prefer something with a little more capacity. I also carry a DW .357 setup the same way. Not sure which I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
          They are a decent gun for what they are. (but then everything is really a niche weapon) I use mine for a tractor gun/walking around the property gun. Shotshells for snakes and small varmints, slugs for bigger varmints. I don't think it makes a very good personal defense gun though. I prefer something with a little more capacity. I also carry a DW .357 setup the same way. Not sure which I prefer.
          Very similar to what I want it for. That and fun stuff for sure.

I think ill go ahead and pick one up this weekend then!

Comment

You should pick up one of these too!
            The Mossberg Maverick HS12 shotgun is aimed at providing a home-defense option that's as simple as a double-barrel hunting gun.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              You should pick up one of these too!
              https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-hs12-shotgun/
              Ehhh I already have a 12 gauge auto loader. If I were to get a new 12ga....I would get a nicer OU for skeet. Not some Joe Biden home defense 12ga special.

Comment

The Smith and Wesson Governor is better built and holds 6 rounds but a lot more expensive.
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                  The Smith and Wesson Governor is better built and holds 6 rounds but a lot more expensive.
                  And is still retarded. Wastes of money.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                    I'd have a lot more respect for that gun if it weren't a blatant ripoff of the judge. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Also the price...the judge is almost too cheap not to buy while the governer is almost halfway to a new thermal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I'd have a lot more respect for that gun if it weren't a blatant ripoff of the judge. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Also the price...the judge is almost too cheap not to buy while the governer is almost halfway to a new thermal.
                      Considering how there really hasn't been any innovation in firearms since John Moss Browning died you could say that all guns are a blatant rip-off of one another's technology. I'm nearly 50 and the only innovation in firearms in my lifetime have been in the materials firearms are made out of and even that began quite a few years before I was born. Bullets are much better than they have ever been, optics are much better, and gunpowder's have gotten better. The guns themselves haven't changed much but the techniques used to manufacture them have evolved considerably.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        Considering how there really hasn't been any innovation in firearms since John Moss Browning died you could say that all guns are a blatant rip-off of one another's technology. I'm nearly 50 and the only innovation in firearms in my lifetime have been in the materials firearms are made out of and even that began quite a few years before I was born. Bullets are much better than they have ever been, optics are much better, and gunpowder's have gotten better. The guns themselves haven't changed much but the techniques used to manufacture them have evolved considerably.
                        Commercial Gun tech certainly hasnt seen a step change as you mentioned, but even the manner in which S&W named their copy is stupid. I guess they went all in on just being a copy gun only slightly better.

Comment

...Because there's thousands of better options that aren't novelties.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            ...Because there's thousands of better options that aren't novelties.
                            That's honestly been why I havent gotten one so far and it's been a great reason. But literally now nothing excites me and I have the typical basics covered unless I jump way up in price for something exotic. Then at that price point I would just get a badass thermal.

I like the idea of a snake/pest gun that's fun and unique to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              I like the idea of a snake/pest gun that's fun and unique to shoot.
                              Track down an older semiautomatic shotgun and make a project out of it. Even if it turns into a turd it will still be a better option than a shotgun revolver.

Comment

Working...
                              X