Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you want a fully automatic firearm...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    As an informational thread we should probably limit the chit chat
    I can delete the posts if need be.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Should be noted that being a Class 3 SOT does not permit in one manufacturing machine guns, just in dealing them to individuals or LEO agencies.

There's a whole nother clusterfuck with manufacturing machine guns and weapons of war shit.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        Should be noted that being a Class 3 SOT does not permit in one manufacturing machine guns, just in dealing them to individuals or LEO agencies.

There's a whole nother clusterfuck with manufacturing machine guns and weapons of war shit.
        Indeed, I should have noted that only a Class II manufacturer can actually make a post 86 machine gun.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Badges?!?!?! (Hahahahahahahaha) we don't need any stinking badge (or forms)...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

good info

as an FYI,
            none of my stamps have required a 'certification of trust'

they already have a few copies of my full trust on file. so a couple back i sent the 'certification of trust' instead of the full copy (just to test the waters), the examiner returned to 'certification of trust' & requested the full copy. so i just do full copy w/ schedule A now.

schedule A is where my s/n list resides. guess it all depends on how trust is setup

ymmv, as each examiner seems to be just a bit different

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
              good info

as an FYI,

they already have a few copies of my full trust on file. so a couple back i sent the 'certification of trust' instead of the full copy (just to test the waters), the examiner returned to 'certification of trust' & requested the full copy. so i just do full copy w/ schedule A now.

schedule A is where my s/n list resides. guess it all depends on how trust is setup

Interesting. It must really vary by examiner and trust. My trust has the scheduled items in the certification, so when I make an NFA purchase I write the item name and serial number in the schedule and submit it all.

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
                good info

as an FYI,

My trust list articles in the Schedule as well. The way I understood it in the past you could send just the certification in place of the trust, now they want the full copy.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Interesting. It must really vary by examiner and trust. My trust has the scheduled items in the certification, so when I make an NFA purchase I write the item name and serial number in the schedule and submit it all.
                So you list your NFA item on the trust prior to owning it? That was one of the biggest things I have heard will get it kicked back....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  My trust list articles in the Schedule as well. The way I understood it in the past you could send just the certification in place of the trust, now they want the full copy.
                  Right, from what I remember they file your trust, and after the full copy is sent the first time, a certification would suffice with updated inventory. But now they want a full trust each time.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    So you list your NFA item on the trust prior to owning it? That was one of the biggest things I have heard will get it kicked back....
                    Yes, I have listed the item prior to owning it every time and all my stamps have come in just fine.

Comment

Yes, I have listed the item prior to owning it every time and all my stamps have come in just fine.
                      I was under the impression that is the right way to do it, list your item?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        I was under the impression that is the right way to do it, list your item?
                        I believe so. The lawyer who set up my trust told me to do it that way.

Comment

I just walk into a courtroom and get a judge to sign. Seems a lot less complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            I just walk into a courtroom and get a judge to sign. Seems a lot less complicated.
                            I do not want to mess with the love letter, also I don't want to do any finger print cards or photos. I also like that those listed in my trust can use, transport, and store the weapons lawfully.

It also is supposed to take less time to get your paperwork back.

Comment

I do not want to mess with the love letter, also I don't want to do any finger print cards or photos. I also like that those listed in my trust can use, transport, and store the weapons lawfully.

It also is supposed to take less time to get your paperwork back.
                              The standard LEO signoff leaves you spending more time, more effort, and you end up with less rights when it's done.

Comment

Good info.

Thanks man.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X