No announcement yet.

frustration level plad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, guy just got some bad news, hes trying to get his daughter to the Pro volleyball tour, I have $10K to offer on his car, which we all know has been pieced back together like Frankenstein, I'm just her to help...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Hey, guy just got some bad news, hes trying to get his daughter to the Pro volleyball tour, I have $10K to offer on his car, which we all know has been pieced back together like Frankenstein, I'm just her to help...
      Lol, take over payments and that shits yours. Lol
      Wife’s 15 will be paid off soon, and that’s the one we want to keep forever.
      I’ll go back to the 93 dodge rape van, no one’s has the balls to run into that thing yet. It screams “I don’t have insurance or a drivers license.” Lol

Comment

Get in to civil construction. You can just about walk on to any construction site and have a job making $17 or $18 / hr starting. Just for being a citizen and showing up to work. If you have a brain and can manage people you could be making $70 or 80k in a couple years. Get a construction management or civil engineering degree and make over $100k very quickly. The are many parts of this work that really suck however. But that’s why it pays motivated people well - quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
          Get in to civil construction. You can just about walk on to any construction site and have a job making $17 or $18 / hr starting. Just for being a citizen and showing up to work. If you have a brain and can manage people you could be making $70 or 80k in a couple years. Get a construction management or civil engineering degree and make over $100k very quickly. The are many parts of this work that really suck however. But that’s why it pays motivated people well - quickly.
          can't do any physical work these days. Also looking for a Monday through Friday thing. I don't want to miss my kids stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Bummer man.
            Go light on the alcohol, and get to humping on that resume. There's a better job out there, I promise you, but you're going have to put in work to find it.
            This^^

Any severance package or separation agreement offered to help out with the transition period?

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              This^^

Any severance package or separation agreement offered to help out with the transition period?

mardyn
              I highly doubt that they offer any such remuneration to hourly parts guys. This sounds like a typical RIF situation as a result of the merger/buyout. He's probably lucky to even been given a reasonable notice in this situation.

Matt - If you can't find something quick. Talk to David. He's worked at a few AZ stores in Denton and Lewisville. He's pretty well networked. He also has that PDR side business that might need an extra hand. Just something to do in the interim while looking for a more ideal job. Just FYI.

Easier said than done, but try to ease off the apprehension. You'll find something. The job market is still solid and we're still hovering at 3.6% unemployment. The segment that is taking some hits is retail brick-and-mortar due to the rise in e-commerce. There still should be opportunity a plenty for folks with ample work experience. Like yourself.

Comment

I get to find out on the morning what the cut to my commission is going to be.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  Man sorry to hear. A buyout just screwed one of my good friends over and his salary has been reduced to probably 1/3rd of what it was. Hes the only income for their family so its hitting especially hard.

I hate to see this shit happen.

Comment

I'm over here just chilling waiting for the new boss to kick me out. lol
                    as soon as they change the name I'm out of a job unless the old company finds me a new dealer to move to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Man sorry to hear. A buyout just screwed one of my good friends over and his salary has been reduced to probably 1/3rd of what it was. Hes the only income for their family so its hitting especially hard.

I hate to see this shit happen.
                      Man, that sucks. This round is going to hit me a bit over 12k.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      I'm over here just chilling waiting for the new boss to kick me out. lol
                      as soon as they change the name I'm out of a job unless the old company finds me a new dealer to move to.
                      Best of luck, hopefully they find something for you. What part of town are you in?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That sucks. Mine dropped ~25% this year, but so did overall sales goal, so it's kind of a wash. if the margins are good we can make it back up.

Comment

Best of luck, hopefully they find something for you. What part of town are you in?
                          This is where salaried sales positions come in handy. Some days I wish I was commissioned, some days I'm glad I'm not. July numbers will come in somewhere between the 4th and 9th, and I'm fairly confident they will translate to 4 heads on the chopping block.

One felt the heat and turned in notice Monday. Another one turned in notice yesterday. One was a shock, one wasn't really a fit and was probably 1st on the list to go. Probably a bit of panic overreact since the numbers aren't in yet, but, I guess this is as good of a time to clean house as any.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

As far as being between jobs, if you have the chance during the weekdays, don't sleep in. Wake up as you normally would, get presentable and make looking for your next job as a normal work day.

Comment

I'm in Denton.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                                I'm in Denton.
                                The parts manager at toyota of dallas is a friend of mine if you want a reference.

Comment

Working...
                                X