Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a family law attorney who's not f**king retarded

No, not for me.

A very good friend and her son are getting fucked in the proverbial ass by her ex-husband and his new wife (who happens to be an attorney). I can't do anything about it but I'd like to connect her with someone who can.

PM me info you might have. There's beer, bourbon, etc at the end of the rainbow if you can help me help her.
    Last edited by Strychnine; 06-13-2018, 08:25 AM.

I assume it's local?

Comment

Yeah, way north, Dallas side (McKinney / Melissa)

Comment

Sent you a PM. Anybody remember the screen name of the attorney named Dewey from this board?

He had a red Nova.

Comment

wasn't one of the mid cities folks on here in family law?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            wasn't one of the mid cities folks on here in family law?
            Gear_Jammer?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Gear_Jammer?
              This is who I was thinking of.

Comment

A friend is going through a divorce now, got rid of her first attorney because they weren't tenacious enough. She's now with KoonsFuller, supposedly big guns but they run about $400something/hr.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  A friend is going through a divorce now, got rid of her first attorney because they weren't tenacious enough. She's now with KoonsFuller, supposedly big guns but they run about $400something/hr.
                  I was just talking to a college friend who's a pretty well respected attorney and he gave me contact info for someone at KoonsFuller. I'd never heard of that name, but it's cool to know that someone else has. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    No, not for me.

A very good friend and her son are getting fucked in the proverbial ass by her ex-husband and his new wife (who happens to be an attorney). I can't do anything about it but I'd like I need to connect her with someone who can.

PM me info you might have. There's beer, bourbon, etc at the end of the rainbow if you can help me help her.

Explain how she’s getting fucked. Not getting alimony? Good. Women want to be equal to men then that antiquated shit needs to go away.
                    Not paying child support? That’s a bit different. Does he have a relationship with his kid? That’s ridiculous if he abandoned his kid for another vagina.

But...with all the horror stories about men getting fucked over by women in divorces, it’s refreshing to hear that it’s the other way around. Sucks that it’s your friend that’s getting the short end of the stick, but I’m sure she’s not telling you everything.
                    If he is abandoning his kid then he is a pos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah, get a hold of Dewey Dalton II, of Dewey Dalton and Associates.

AKA Gear Jammer.

You can easily look them up in the Yellow Pages.

Not only is he family law, but his family is family law.

He's kinda like family around here.

And I bought The Hatch from him back in 2000. So you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        Explain how she’s getting fucked. Not getting alimony? Good.
                        Alimony? Hardly. She's a single mom forced to pay child support to her ex and his new wife.

She's definitely not some drunk/methhead/shithead/otherhead. She's an accountant, they have a kid, he cheated on her, they got divorced. Don't know all the details of the first round, but along the way she got a chance to do some contract work on the side to make more money. Her ex and his new attorney/wife decided to take her W9/1099 wages from a year of that temporary contracting and use it as the basis to argue that she was making so much money that he needed her support. Somehow they won that appeal.

And as with all contracting gigs, when it's up it's up. She doesn't have that income anymore, but the judge didn't care that it would not be a permanent thing.

She is not allowed to live anywhere other than Melissa ISD (population 4,700) lest she lose more custody, the housing situation in Melissa is less than ideal, and there are hardly any apartments there. Per the ruling, she's also not allowed to have a roommate, and she must live in dwelling with at least a 2 bedrooms - which she can't afford on her own due to him sucking on her wallet - so she's had to move back in with her parents. She's also required to pay for their son's medical insurance, dental insurance, etc.

Good enough?

Comment

Alimony? Hardly. She's a single mom forced to pay child support to her ex and his new wife.

She's definitely not some drunk/methhead/shithead/otherhead. She's an accountant, they have a kid, he cheated on her, they got divorced. Don't know all the details of the first round, but along the way she got a chance to do some contract work on the side to make more money. Her ex and his new attorney/wife decided to take her W9/1099 wages from a year of that temporary contracting and use it as the basis to argue that she was making so much money that he needed her support. Somehow they won that appeal.

And as with all contracting gigs, when it's up it's up. She doesn't have that income anymore, but the judge didn't care that it would not be a permanent thing.

She is not allowed to live anywhere other than Melissa ISD (population 4,700) lest she lose more custody, the housing situation in Melissa is less than ideal, and there are hardly any apartments there. Per the ruling, she's also not allowed to have a roommate, and she must live in dwelling with at least a 2 bedrooms - which she can't afford on her own due to him sucking on her wallet - so she's had to move back in with her parents. She's also required to pay for their son's medical insurance, dental insurance, etc.

Good enough?
                          Fuck! Sound about like what happened to my sister and also to a friend. The one with the best lawyer usually wins. I hope your friend is able to get her problems fixed.

Most lawyers that defend the shitty people should be strung up by their toes and sliced across the neck.

Comment

@Strychnine, does or will she possibly have a GoFundMe or similar account set up to offset attorney's fees?

Comment

Good enough?
                              It sounds to me like she is being treated like every divorced man in TX for the most part; equality of the sexes for the win bro.

Speaking of equality of the sexes, did you know that in Iceland you can beat a bitch and it's legal?
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X