• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
    What sorcery is this?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      What sorcery is this?
      It's side exhaust from the factory for the track on the BOSS 302, I believe you have to remove the restrictor plate(s) to make it work, its not electronic iirc...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        It's side exhaust from the factory for the track on the BOSS 302, I believe you have to remove the restrictor plate(s) to make it work, its not electronic iirc...
        Correct. The plates have been removed. I’m officially old because i am thinking about putting them back in. Sounds awesome but a bit much cruising down the highway.

Comment

The car is for sale if any of you are interested.

Comment

You went all the way to Wisconsin to pick this thing up and after less than a year are putting it up for sale?

Any problems with it or did you just get tired of paying insurance on something that you never drive? There is something peculiar about these Boss 302 Mustangs. I know a few people that were all enthusiastic at the time of purchase, but sold the car typically in 3 years or less. Just like whomever buys your car, will be the 3rd owner of a car with 6,500 miles on it. It's an oddity that's specific to this make/model.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              You went all the way to Wisconsin to pick this thing up and after less than a year are putting it up for sale?

Any problems with it or did you just get tired of paying insurance on something that you never drive? There is something peculiar about these Boss 302 Mustangs. I know a few people that were all enthusiastic at the time of purchase, but sold the car typically in 3 years or less. Just like whomever buys your car, will be the 3rd owner of a car with 6,500 miles on it. It's an oddity that's specific to this make/model.
              I get bored super easy. Have been cross country for a few before this too. I’m super picky about what i buy so i usually have to travel. Also my in laws live about 10 minutes from the original owner so that made this one easy to travel for. Absolutely zero issues. It’s easily a 9.9/10. I have owned almost 40 vehicles in the last 20 years. I love cars but only have so much space and money so sometimes one has to go. I have 4 at home right now and looking for number 5. Ins is not an issue. It's actually very affordable on the Boss for some reason. Maybe because no one drives them! These cars aren't complete track cars but they aren't exactly dd cars either. Needs to be a weekend toy. Maybe that's why people buy and sell with few miles. Almost 1 year is damn near a record for me!!!

I have actually been struggling with the idea of selling this one. I looked for a long time before getting it. A lot of low mile Boss 302s that are complete shit out there. So many got used hard right away. This is the one to keep but like i said i get bored way too easily.
              Last edited by smrr1; 08-10-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Understandable. It happens.

How did you determine your sale price? KBB, Truecar, Carfax, etc..?

Comment

Is the car still available?
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Is the car still available?
                    Leave it to dfwmustangs

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      Understandable. It happens.

How did you determine your sale price? KBB, Truecar, Carfax, etc..?
                      Have a collector dealer near me that said he would buy it at 32. Looked at low mile cars across the country and they range from 30-45. Plenty of average ones for sale for high 20s with 40k on them. Just looked like 35 is a good number. Maybe a little high or low but its what i would sell it for. If not it wont hurt my feelings to keep it.

Comment

I believe its a good price but, if someone offered me $32k for it I would take it, but like you said and your attitude about the car, it sounds like you're going to keep it at that price point.
                        Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-10-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

We will see. I told the dealer i might be interested at 32 if i traded it for something he has. That way i save taxes and basically gives me an extra $2k. Kinda up in the air on it right now.

So far i have had a dozen scams try to contact me and buy them a car history report and email it to them. Fucking hate craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post

So far i have had a dozen scams try to contact me and buy them a car history report and email it to them. Fucking hate craigslist.
                            Yeah, CL is only for selling furniture or giving away free shit. It used to be good for selling cars, but nothing but scammers these days. I wouldn't sell a a car through ebay, but I would post it there to get it out on the net, if that makes sense.

And like you already know, only a collector or some rich guy with more money than sense is going to buy at that price.

Comment

Yep. I have used ebay buying and selling multiple times but always completed the transaction outside of ebay. Just took a look on there and mine is well priced compared to others listed on ebay. I refuse to be part of facebook so not posting there. Autotrader costs more. So CL was $5 and i figured it was worth that to see what happens. I’m priced in the bottom 1/3 of sub 10k mile 302s but there are a few of them around.

Yall didn't think i’d sell my 2004 gt for $10,000 either but it sold in less than a week!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X