As if my luck couldn't even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    I do, but I'm the guy selling to the shops, I don't know how the front end works.

Thanks, that makes me feel better.
    Just take the car and check to Justin or Ron at Details LTD in Addison. They use all OEM parts and fight the insurance companies until its right. They might even get you a loss of value check too in the end. It’s an ugly business and they are some of the best. They are grumpier with the insurance companies than ruff after a CNC joke.
    Last edited by AnthonyS; 09-17-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Well if this is the standard process now days it sucks. I remember not even that long ago for minor stuff I would just take it to a shop or dealership. Get an estimate from them and turn that over to the insurance company.

In your case OP. They should’ve took that plastic bumper off to call the shit out of the trunk. Put it on a lift look at all the damage inside out Then cut a check.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
        why? That's how they do it these days, the car is drivable so they do a estimate at a location close to you and let you decide where to take your vehicle. Do you want them to do like the good ole days where you could only take your car to service king or caliber?
        What I don’t like is someone telling me here’s a check for $3000. Even though we both know the damage is more than double that. But $3000 Worth of damageis all that’s visible to me at this time just by slightly Looking at it from the outside. If you have junk Mexican insurance they are going to send you to service king or Jose’s body shop. If you have decent Insurance you can take it to a dealership body shop. Or shop of your choice. And let the shop estimator and the insurance person handle the financial side of things. But that’s just me I can’t stand guesswork on pricing.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Dropped the car off at ford last night, they didn't even want he check. They said that they'd get the money from the insurance at the end... so it's like the check doesn't even matter. Now I've got a whole new set of gripes, this f-ing 2018 escape 1.5l AWD "turbo". It's a complete POS. Hope to trade it out for something else today.

Comment

Dropped the car off at ford last night, they didn't even want he check. They said that they'd get the money from the insurance at the end... so it's like the check doesn't even matter. Now I've got a whole new set of gripes, this f-ing 2018 escape 1.5l AWD "turbo". It's a complete POS. Hope to trade it out for something else today.
            If it makes you feel any better, the insurance company from the girl that hit my wifes car is out of business. People suck.

I almost, and I mean almost bought one of those for my wife. Just didn't feel solid like here older escape she owned when I met her. That thing was rock solid and reliable.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

swung by the dealer the other day. They say I should have it back by the 10th. what do ya'll think?

Comment

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, that rear body panel needs to be replaced, not sure if that lower quarter panel is part of the RBP but it needs to replaces as well, but it could be pulled out by a frame machine and metal worked back to acceptable.
                I've been out of the business for several years and even though I own a S550, I haven't had to take off the rear bumper cover to actually see where and what is welded together.
                If it were my car, it would get put on the rack first and measurments taken by laser, then I would pull it til the quater panel straighted out and then start cutting the peices that don't pull out...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

what do ya'll think?

I can see some ugly dudes reflection in the taillight panel.

Comment

At least a week for every $1000.

Comment

Going to be a lot of new metal and a lot of spot welds.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Going to be a lot of new metal and a lot of spot welds.
                        What happened to that lost art, those old artists, who could pull that out
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          They have gotten too old to do it or died off.

Seriously though, when I was taking the Street Rod and Custom class at Grayson County College, there were some guys that could do amazing work with damaged metal. I've cut a piece out of a fender well lip, worked the damage it had and welded it back in, stretched and shrunk areas to get them back close enough for a thin coat of filler, etc. But most of the newer stuff is made to cut and replace.

It's not that a guy can't work the metal, it's that it's faster and easier to just replace it. Especially when you're taking about over laps and areas for potential water intrusion, rust to form, etc.

I'm by no means a body man though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            I found one to fix my Miata I bought as totaled from very similar damage. Car was a rare color and in perfect shape otherwise so it was worth it to me. Same guy will be taking care if my Porsche body kit this winter.

Comment

Dang man you have the worst of luck...sucks!!

Stupid Mexicans
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post

Stupid Mexicans
                                lol!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X