No announcement yet.

Favorite cordless tool brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Milwaukee every day at work, they are ok. Had a lot of failures with the drill, sent it in and they repair it for free. This last time they just sent my a new drill and just by looking at it I could tell it was a pos. I was right, after one time using a 1/2 stepped drill bit to drill one 1/2" hole, it gets so hot it shuts itself down. Huge pos, but their warranty is great no questions asked and they cover shipping.

Comment

Been using Makita for over 20 years with no complaints.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
        They do make awesome gear, but not affordable by the average person. I have a couple of their hammer drills and pin guns, but never found their cordless stuff attractive due to price and availability.
        They don't make their gear for the average guy, especially those that think Black and Decker, or whatever Chinese brand that's on the shelf will work. But agree price does is a motivator for some

As for availability, the web has everything and they have the pro stores that will let you test the equipment and they often have the competition there side by side.

Comment

What do y’all think of this since i already have batteries?
          It wouldn’t be used commercially, but more for home automotive projects and maybe a wheel swap from time to time
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Makita XWT08Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 0.5 Inch Cordless Impact Wrench (Tool Only) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I havee the IR 3/8 &1/2 impacts at the house both work great. We have Milwaukee 1/2 and 3/4 at work. The 3/4 is a beast. On the 1/2" i take the IR over the Milwaukee it seems to have more torque and better balance

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              What do y’all think of this since i already have batteries?
              It wouldn’t be used commercially, but more for home automotive projects and maybe a wheel swap from time to time
              https://m.ebay.com/itm/Makita-XWT08Z...IAAOSwvKtY-NAo
              Go for it. I don't have one but hear they are badass.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I’m looking for a 1/2 impact wrench for the next tool
                I have a Ryobi 1/2" I bought about a month ago. Have no problem taking off 140lb lug nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                  I have a makita white set 18v lithium that I bought when it first came out 11 years ago. It is still going strong and the batteries still go close to 2 weeks between charging with daily use. They are getting slightly weaker as far as torque. I will be replacing them soon and I am thinking of sticking with Makita because these have been good to me. I was also thinking about the 20v Dewalt stuff because a lot of guys seem to like them.
                  Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                  Been using Makita for over 20 years with no complaints.

I switched to Makita about 2 years ago. My Dewalt impact came up missing from work and I needed a replacement. I caught the white set on sale for a Christmas special at Home Depot and figured what the hell. I had a cordless saw that turned up on a job site, sat at the job trailer for about 6 months and needed a new home. So it made sense.

They have been good tools. The batteries seem to last long enough to get me through several projects. Though, a lot of it is going to be determined by what you planned use is. Occasional small jobs and household chores, anything you find at any price point at the big box stores is going to fit your needs. Automotive, woodworking, and more frequent projects, I would spend a little more.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I like dewalt and makita. I’m not that hard on them though. I can tell you a major truck manufacturer beats the crap out of Makita tools all day long and they hold up well. I think my Dewalts are as good, but they haven’t been abused in an industrial environment building large truck frames that I know of.

Comment

Dewalt for tools. The brushless XR and FlexVolt stuff is very, very nice. I've got a 12v max 3 plane laser level, 20v cordless impact, drill, and 20v 1/2" impact. I've switched to XR brushless on the drill and impact, still working on the recip saw, circular saw, and grinder. These new batteries seem to last much longer than my previous 18v stuff both in usage time and in life cycle.

I use a lot of Milwaukee bits though.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

DeWalt here, but all I have are the old 18v tools.

Comment

Milwaukee Fuel is the shit.
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Dewalt for tools. The brushless XR and FlexVolt stuff is very, very nice. I've got a 12v max 3 plane laser level, 20v cordless impact, drill, and 20v 1/2" impact. I've switched to XR brushless on the drill and impact, still working on the recip saw, circular saw, and grinder. These new batteries seem to last much longer than my previous 18v stuff both in usage time and in life cycle.

I use a lot of Milwaukee bits though.
                            If you switched from 18v dewalt to 20v max yes there’s quite the difference.. the lithium ion batteries 18v is exactly the same as 20v max.. they get that reading when the battery is completely charged.. the makita/Milwaukee 18v and other L-ion 18v will max at 20v completely charged..

I got into some strange battery researching one night lol
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

If you switched from 18v dewalt to 20v max yes there’s quite the difference.. the lithium ion batteries 18v is exactly the same as 20v max.. they get that reading when the battery is completely charged.. the makita/Milwaukee 18v and other L-ion 18v will max at 20v completely charged..

I got into some strange battery researching one night lol
                              I hate that all these stupid tools are rated in voltage and not watts. Such a stupid unit of measure when it comes to power tools. At least dewalt is starting to do provide drill output in terms of watts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                I hate that all these stupid tools are rated in voltage and not watts. Such a stupid unit of measure when it comes to power tools. At least dewalt is starting to do provide drill output in terms of watts.
                                Gotta agree. Always thought it was like they're trying to sound bigger and better than they actually are. I'm also against the way they do TV measurements. Diagonal? stfu.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X