No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well reading this thread really motivates me, i have been going back and forth on what i should do. like always i've got tons of obstacles stopping me from actually making it to the gym.

i was involved in an accident dec. 27th in which not only did i total my expedition but my body as well. i have a good amount of separation in my left shoulder as well as a slipped disk according to the docs(looking for second opinions). so as you can imagine per doctors orders im supposed to be in bed rest..
    unfortunately i simply cannot do that, i have my business to keep up with where i do most of the work(answering phones, financial management, body and paint work etc etc)
    so im here from 9 to 6 (or even later like today) and 9 to 4 on Saturdays, and leave me little to no time to hit a gym since im exhausted by the end of every day.

At the beginning of the year i set my goals i really want to lose this gut and tone up as much as my injuries permit. i started the year at 205lbs and im 5'10" so as you can imagine a bit overweight. i would really like to be at 175lbs along with some more tone arms, chest and legs.
    i drank a lot last year and have cut out beer completely this yrs minus a 6pack on superbowl sunday. i have also cut down drastically on my fast food and carbonated drinks(minus my gin & tonic).
    its hard to do cut out fast food cold turkey so i have limited to only once a week mainly on the weekends. i try and watch how much of it i have ie: no double patty burgers no large fries and reg. size drink. my diet consist of a good healthy breakfast to a light lunch and even lighter dinner. nothing but water with the occasional lemonade of course.

as far as exercise goes i started off good but lost it about a week ago when my doc said i need to let my injuries heal properly. although i know some of you will laugh but i have been doing push ups and sit ups at home. i started with only being able to do 25 of each to 45 and eventually hit 100 of each.
    i managed to get down to 182lbs 2 weeks ago and now im back up to 188lbs. hopefully once i make it home tonight i can 'workout' for at least 45min.

sorry for the life story just haven't had anyone to share this with.

Israel

edit:i forgot to add some pics i looked like a total fat ass man, now at least you can see my jaw line.
    all advice or pointers are welcome as to what i could do to meet my goals.
    Last edited by dangerous_sep; 02-15-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Israel,
      My Sports & Spine Chiropractor is great! After my shoulder operation it still was killing me and didn't seem like it should be healing like the other I had done 12years ago. Even after the shoulder being scoped, all the orthepedic did was offer and did shots (horrible for your joints as well as hard on the liver).
      Well I finally called to see if my sports chiro was taking my ins. again, come to find out it's the same price with or without ins.
      My shoulder is 100% better, come to find out my tendons were healing like dryed spaghetti as well as a lot of scar tissue build up. He has a new laser treatment that he's tryed twice for my wrist (I used pneumatic tools all day) and what a difference.
      I had to go to him today cause 3 ribs where out of whack.
      The nice thing is, he has 2 message therapists on hand so if you do have knots that need worked out you can get that as well and no extra cost. Also as of lately I'll have to call and come in without an app., and have always been able to get in.
      He has xray machine, spinal decompression, stem, etc.

I'll pm you his name and #, his office is located on Preston Rd. @ McCallum blvd. And when you go there really isn't any wait time at all. Most I've ever waited was like 2min. And the time I did wait which was w/o an app. they put me on a table that goes up and down your spine and needs it.
      Last edited by Up0n0ne; 02-15-2011, 09:23 PM.
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

thanks marc he sounds like just the doc i need to see,hopefully i can make it out there sometime next week.

Comment

here are some pics for comparison, i will post up some of the standard ones tomorrow chest, arms and legs..lets get motivated folks post up!

December:

Jan:

Comment

i puked today after my workout, that's my motivation. then i kept dreaming about banging hot bitches this summer too. what more do i need?

Comment

Originally posted by TINKRD View Post
              i puked today after my workout, that's my motivation. then i kept dreaming about banging hot bitches this summer too. what more do i need?
              More hot bitches.

I was so close to hurling the other night. One more set and i would have no doubt.

Comment

That's no good.. But definitely dedication!

Today was the first day in a few weeks that I have been able to work my legs,the nerve is still hurting but the spasms are not as often(thank god!)
                My legs feel like tight jello though..if that makes any sense

Edit: I'll probably regret it tomorrow..
                Last edited by KoopaTroopa; 02-17-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                  That's no good.. But definitely dedication!

Today was the first day in a few weeks that I have been able to work my legs,the nerve is still hurting but the spasms are not as often(thank god!)
                  My legs feel like tight jello though..if that makes any sense

Edit: I'll probably regret it tomorrow..
                  just dont lose that booty of yours

Comment

just dont lose that booty of yours
                    LOL- JP you crack me up.

Comment

Ok so I finally broke down and got a Photobucket acct so that I can directly post pics on here instead of attachments. First pic is where I started. I'm not sure on the weight but it was probably something around 340lbs. And finally the last one is a pic taken on 2/05/11 down ~80lbs.

Comment

congrats man, pics show how far you've come!

Comment

badass chuck keep it up!!

Comment

you look like a young jose!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              congrats man, pics show how far you've come!
                              Thanks sir! As of this morning I am down 82lbs. Can't wait to get to 90 then reach my goal of 100. After that it's weight lifting and toning my upper body. The cycling has made my legs fucking solid!

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                              badass chuck keep it up!!
                              Thanks brotha!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              you look like a young jose!

Um....thanks again?? Jose is my favorite moderator? Lol!

Comment

I have always had a drive to be in shape so motivation for me means pushing to a very uncomfortable limit. Last year my b/f% went up just a tad, and now my push has been to get it back down near the single digit range. I'm around 11% right now.

My big GOALS are to get better abs. I didn't start really working my abs until about a month ago. I guess I got burned out on them several years ago and just stopped doing them for a few years. As you can see in my pics below...my abs are lacking. I would like my arms to be a tad bigger, but I'm not that concerned with them as is. MY deltoids need alot of work as well. I also have goals to get my 5K time down a little further.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X