Gout,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I thought that was where people get the big bulbous things on their necks. Had no idea it was related to the feet until just now googling it:

So what is that neck thing?? I remember being told about it in elementary school.. Something to do with a lack of something in the diet that people used to get a long time ago. Hell.. That's going to bug the shit out of me. Time to do some more googling I guess.
    The neck thing is called goiter and it's most common cause is a lack of iodine in your diet which is why the salt we use on our food is iodized.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Honestly drinking more when the pain is there, is one of the only things that made the pain temporarily go away
      I'm tempted, but anything that might prolong this or make this worse is completely out of the question right now. Tomorrow may be a different story.

Comment

Indomethacin and lots of water for flare ups.. or 600mg Ibuprofen in a pinch.

Take a Zantak or Prilosec before hand so you don't damage your stomach.
        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
          Indomethacin and lots of water for flare ups.. or 600mg Ibuprofen in a pinch.

Take a Zantak or Prilosec before hand so you don't damage your stomach.
          Indomethacin doesn't touch the pain for me. Doc told me they are only slightly better than otc Ibuprofen. Luckily, my wife had some 600mg Ibuprofens from her C-section. That and some hydrocodone I had laying around, and the Prednesone (sp?) they gave me yesterday, and the pain has become tolerable, as long as I stay off that foot.

Comment

Working...
          X