Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps there's hope for the music industry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps there's hope for the music industry.

So this band I've liked for a while Protest the Hero posted on facebook and probably their other social media sites that they were done with record labels and the obligations that come with signing with them, so they posted a kickstarter type page to raise money to record their new album. Well, they put it up for 30 days to raise $125,000 which they met...in less than 24 hours, and in less than two weeks have raised more than twice that. What does this mean? Perhaps that the artists that we love can actually make the music that they and hopefully we would like them to make if we support them. I honestly hope that more artists do this same thing.

I know it's a random post, but lately this place has been very "Fuck the man" so I felt it would fit.

We have completed all of our obligations to record labels. It's time to go it alone and take control of our careers. It's now or never! | Check out 'Protest the Hero NEW ALBUM' on Indiegogo.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

More importantly.......

Crowdfund innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream and support entrepreneurs that are working to bring their dreams to life.

God bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not sure who that is, but a measley $10, can I ask?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        Not sure who that is, but a measley $10, can I ask?
        you NITWIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
          you NITWIT!
          You kidding me? I didnt actually donate. i wouldnt even get a cd out of it.

Comment

That's so last week's news, Josh, gosh.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
            X