Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TINKRD View Post
    been working out since January. I did take 3.5 weeks off at one point. Other then that, my diet as been hit or miss. i've just now started eating clean 100% and am on day 8 of that mission.

congrats! how much have you lost? your face looks so much thinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
      congrats! how much have you lost? your face looks so much thinner.
      meh. hard to tell. I didn’t take measurements in the beginning. my body is very strange. I’ve always been able to develop muscle, but have always had a hard time burning fat (most likely due to me never having nailed down a clean diet 100% of the time). I'm down a almost 2 belt notches and have had multiple people say the same thing about my face. But the scale "says" I’ve only lost 8lbs. lol

now that I’m focused on the clean diet, I’m trying to lose the body fat. I need to get some calipers and measure, b/c I’m not a fan of the scale. too mentally detrimental. Currently 228 in the mornings.

Comment

• this was Feb 2010-May 2010(260 down to 238). from May 2010 Jan 2011 i worked out off and on. diet wasn't there. Started to get serious again in January. now i'm on a mission damn it!!! lol
        Last edited by TINKRD; 06-09-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• This depresses me to post this,but I am going to do so anyways...

Update:I had surgery on my hand a week ago(reconnecting the nerves that were lacerated), between March 8th - now: I have only lifted MAYBE 10 times at the gym because my hand was bothering me so much... I would just stick to abs,low body work outs and cardio...

Here's my back and arms now

Here it was on 3/8/09

F!

Comment

• dont let it get you down Rach. you have a legit excuse on why you've had to stop progess. Just do what you can, take care of the hand and as soon as its recovered, you'll be right back to where you were in no time!!

(i think we need frontals to give a more accurate critique though)

Comment

• Originally posted by TINKRD View Post
              dont let it get you down Rach. you have a legit excuse on why you've had to stop progess. Just do what you can, take care of the hand and as soon as its recovered, you'll be right back to where you were in no time!!

(i think we need frontals to give a more accurate critique though)
              HA! Thanks for making me laugh... I will admit, I started crying a little when I looked through all the progress pics I've taken...

I'm just ready for this shit to be done with!

Comment

• Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                HA! Thanks for making me laugh... I will admit, I started crying a little when I looked through all the progress pics I've taken...

just means you'll be extra motivated to get back to where you were, b/c you know its possible!

and i wasn't joking about the frontals

Comment

I don't know where you work out, but most gyms have some machines you can do chest, back and shoulders on without your hands. You could also use the adjustable cable pull machine and one of those angle straps and hook it in the crook of your elbow or forearm going backwards and still get a decent work out for your upper body.

-Jonny
                  PS: I dig the blonde hair!
                  2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                  '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                  '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                    I don't know where you work out, but most gyms have some machines you can do chest, back and shoulders on without your hands. You could also use the adjustable cable pull machine and one of those angle straps and hook it in the crook of your elbow or forearm going backwards and still get a decent work out for your upper body.

-Jonny
                    PS: I dig the blonde hair!
                    There are VERY FEW,maybe 1 or two machines like that.. but I could give it a try....

Thanks on the hair comment.

Comment

There are VERY FEW,maybe 1 or two machines like that.. but I could give it a try....

Thanks on the hair comment.
                      Focus on cardio and lower body. Just keep working out and you'll be fine. You can do very low weight uppper body excercises slowly and be fine. I say stick to machines though. Free weights have a lot to do with grip, and that could fuck up your hand more. You might be fucked on your back though until your hand heals up.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                        Focus on cardio and lower body. Just keep working out and you'll be fine. You can do very low weight uppper body excercises slowly and be fine. I say stick to machines though. Free weights have a lot to do with grip, and that could fuck up your hand more. You might be fucked on your back though until your hand heals up.
                        That's all I'm doing...I'm not allowed to do ANY lifting,grabbing,holding,pulling,squeezing,etc with my hand at all- with that said, I'm not going to even try..I don't want to risk having another surgery because I couldn't wait a few weeks.It does suck,but I'm dealing with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe
                          Exactly what women should primarily be doing anyways...
                          LOL!

I want "guns" too
                          Thankfully, it's a lot easier for me to build upper body muscle,so I should bounce back quickly.

Comment

• So I've really only lost about 5lbs in the past 3 months, but I'm down to a 38 pant size. Not bad when I was a 46/48 at my worst. I'm feeling a ton better and swimming in some clothes I bought at the beginning of the summer, so even though the numbers on the sale aren't moving as fast as I would hope, I'm looking and feeling good.

Comment

• My motivation started when I hit the lowest point in my life last December. December 23,2010 I weighed myself at a truckstop and it read 415lbs. I spent the next 2 months being depressed and angry that I had let myself go that badly. I've always been big but my perception of myself wasn't that bad. Well that changed. It took another 6 months for me to commit to doing something about it. On august 8th I weighed 391.8lbs. As of this morning I weighed 357.8lbs. I've gained a few lbs back here and there over some "cheat" weekends but I'm steadily heading the right direction. I will not rest until I am 225-235lbs. For reference I weighed that in 8th grade. Lol.
                              -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

• You gotta start somewhere man. I was over 300lbs when I "woke up" and started to do something about it. It's never too late, but the sooner you get started, the easier/better it'll be.

Just try to be hyper-conscious about everything you put in your mouth. If you're drinking a liquid, try hard to stick to water and look at the nutrional panels and serving sizes when choosing something to eat. Try to find 3-4 healthy meals that you love, and make a routine of eating them regularily.

I haven't gotten into supplements yet, but did try a meal replacement shake from GNC that I liked (as a breakfast replacement, cause I've never eaten bfast, and/or mid-afternoon snack). It really helped when I was on the road and staying in hotels a lot.

I finally feel like I'm "fit" enough to get off my eliptical and start running, so that's what I did this morning. Doing 30-45min on the eliptical was starting to get boring, and I've found running to be a lot more challenging, so I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Hopefully a year on the eliptical has gotten my legs in good enough shape that they can handle the abuse.

Good luck man, and keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X