UFO sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO sighting

What began as a training mission took a bizarre turn in 2004, an encounter that caught the attention of a Pentagon program investigating U.F.O.s.

2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’

The following recounts an incident in 2004 that advocates of research into U.F.O.s have said is the kind of event worthy of more investigation, and that was studied by a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s. Experts caution that earthly explanations often exist for such incidents, and that not knowing the explanation does not mean that the event has interstellar origins.

Cmdr. David Fravor and Lt. Cmdr. Jim Slaight were on a routine training mission 100 miles out into the Pacific when the radio in each of their F/A-18F Super Hornets crackled: An operations officer aboard the U.S.S. Princeton, a Navy cruiser, wanted to know if they were carrying weapons.

“Two CATM-9s,” Commander Fravor replied, referring to dummy missiles that could not be fired. He had not been expecting any hostile exchanges off the coast of San Diego that November afternoon in 2004.

Commander Fravor, in a recent interview with The New York Times, recalled what happened next. Some of it is captured in a video made public by officials with a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s.

“Well, we’ve got a real-world vector for you,” the radio operator said, according to Commander Fravor. For two weeks, the operator said, the Princeton had been tracking mysterious aircraft. The objects appeared suddenly at 80,000 feet, and then hurtled toward the sea, eventually stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering. Then they either dropped out of radar range or shot straight back up.

The radio operator instructed Commander Fravor and Commander Slaight, who has given a similar account, to investigate.

The two fighter planes headed toward the objects. The Princeton alerted them as they closed in, but when they arrived at “merge plot” with the object — naval aviation parlance for being so close that the Princeton could not tell which were the objects and which were the fighter jets — neither Commander Fravor nor Commander Slaight could see anything at first. There was nothing on their radars, either.

Then, Commander Fravor looked down to the sea. It was calm that day, but the waves were breaking over something that was just below the surface. Whatever it was, it was big enough to cause the sea to churn.

Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling.

Yup, I still say people came from other planets that died.

Comment

I can't come up with any reason to dismiss the possibility. Billions of stars, maybe trillions of planets. Seems kinda unlikely that no percentage of that (other than this one) would have life.

Don't blame 'em for not landing. I wouldn't go take a walk on some other planet where they don't have their shit together. Good way to get yourself killed. Best to just spy from a distance and wait for the day they do finally get their shit together.
      WH

Comment

Aliens are the ones that brought us here to earth

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          I can't come up with any reason to dismiss the possibility. Billions of stars, maybe trillions of planets. Seems kinda unlikely that no percentage of that (other than this one) would have life.

Don't blame 'em for not landing. I wouldn't go take a walk on some other planet where they don't have their shit together. Good way to get yourself killed. Best to just spy from a distance and wait for the day they do finally get their shit together.
          Billions of stars? In just this galaxy alone there are estimated 250billion. Don't forget there are estimated 100+ billion other galaxy out there in just the observable universe as we know it each with give or take the same amount of stars in them. With those odds the possibility of other life in our galaxy is almost a certainty.

Comment

Oh there is no doubt about this, no way we could be the only planet with "intelligent" life!
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              Billions of stars? In just this galaxy alone there are estimated 250billion. Don't forget there are estimated 100+ billion other galaxy out there in just the observable universe as we know it each with give or take the same amount of stars in them. With those odds the possibility of other life in our galaxy is almost a certainty.
              This galaxy is all I was referring to. Didn't know the number was as high as 250 billion here though.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                Billions of stars? In just this galaxy alone there are estimated 250billion. Don't forget there are estimated 100+ billion other galaxy out there in just the observable universe as we know it each
                They look deep into space but it's only a reflection .

Comment

Comment

^----- I laughed a little too hard at this.
                    Thanks LikeItFast!
                    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

We can take em...

Comment

If there is intelligence visiting us, I’m doubtful it’s biological. The “singularity” that Stephen Hawking mentions, the one we will soon create with advancements in AI, might already exist in the universe and may have constructed the whole thing to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                          We can take em...

You saw how that worked out. I forgot the name of the... study? But the military did some kind of projections where they figured we'd last about 16 minutes at our current stage of development. That is, the stage of development they deign to tell us about.

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                          If there is intelligence visiting us, I’m doubtful it’s biological. The “singularity” that Stephen Hawking mentions, the one we will soon create with advancements in AI, might already exist in the universe and may have constructed the whole thing to begin with.
                          Some of the ex military types that claim some sort of involvement say they're biological, but that the greys are drones of some sort. Like they're grown out of some form or fashion of algae. Said the organs were all very simple and had a lot in common with algae. And that they aren't really intelligent, but can operate the technology well enough. Kind of like a super advanced robot.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                            Are you talking about some form of Self-Aware Transforming type robot?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                              Are you talking about some form of Self-Aware Transforming type robot?
                              A sentient robot, a term I learned from watching Star Trek: The Next Generation!

Comment

Working...
                              X