No announcement yet.

Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you walk in to the wrong apartment, a confrontation starts, by the guy saying something like, bitch you are in my apartment and you look around and think huh, this ain't my shit, I am shooting your ass for messing with my stuff?
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Comment

So much hasn't been told yet. Ya, how did she mistakenly enter the wrong apartment? How does a police officer mistakenly shoot someone in that circumstances? I'm not saying that there is a serious issue with lack of training here but unless the guy is lunging at her with a knife, I don't see how the guy was shot accidentally.

I'm betting that there was some sort of relationship going on here and this was premeditated.

Comment

WTF does her being a police officer have anything to do with this beyond making the headline politicized? All that happened was a person walked into the wrong apartment, was confused and then frightened by the tenant of said apartment, and then shot them. Being a police officer has nothing to do with the incident. There are a ton of people who carry and aren't LEO. Drop all the BS training, responsibility, etc. Each and every person who carries a gun has the exact same responsibility as the LEO did here. Oh, and I agree there should be a capital charge.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          WTF does her being a police officer have anything to do with this beyond making the headline politicized? All that happened was a person walked into the wrong apartment, was confused and then frightened by the tenant of said apartment, and then shot them. Being a police officer has nothing to do with the incident. There are a ton of people who carry and aren't LEO. Drop all the BS training, responsibility, etc. Each and every person who carries a gun has the exact same responsibility as the LEO did here. Oh, and I agree there should be a capital charge.
          Because everyone expects this case to get special treatment because she's an officer and hopefully the media attention prevents that from happening.

We will see.

Comment

Nothing to see here folks! She'll get paid administrative leave, an investigation where she is found to have no wrong doing and put back on the streets to kill again.
            It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

The murderer being a police officer is what makes the story remarkable instead of just another murder. In general police officers don't make these kind of mistakes and when they do it's newsworthy. In the past officers had enough of a conscience to take responsibility for their own actions and end themselves for this kind of mistake. Only time will tell if this woman has what it takes.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                The murderer being a police officer is what makes the story remarkable instead of just another murder. In general police officers don't make these kind of mistakes and when they do it's newsworthy. In the past officers had enough of a conscience to take responsibility for their own actions and end themselves for this kind of mistake. Only time will tell if this woman has what it takes.
                She's gonna get paid leave and be back on the job when the fuss blows over.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  She's gonna get paid leave and be back on the job when the fuss blows over.
                  That's pretty much what I expect out of the younger generation of police officers.

What's really surprising to me is the shock that police officers have when they discover that frequently the public doesn't trust or like them any longer.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    I'm betting that there was some sort of relationship going on here and this was premeditated.
                    Before seeing a deputy try and buy a gummy hummer with a beer I'd think this was crazy talk.

Comment

So if an officer is put on paid leave, gets put on trial, gets convicted, do they have to pay back the money, or does the police union protect them even then?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          So if an officer is put on paid leave, gets put on trial, gets convicted, do they have to pay back the money, or does the police union protect them even then?
                          Not a lawyer, but I would expect that paid leave benefits would not be required to be reimbursed since the officer is not yet convicted, only accused while on leave. If this goes to trial and the officer is convicted, a jury could always include a fine with the sentence as a after the fact means of reimbursement

Comment

Pfft. Woman cops. Whos stupid idea was that
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Pfft. Woman cops. Whos stupid idea was that
                              Society as a whole came up with that idea.

Comment

Well you know what they say about society.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X