I saved way more than 15%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saved way more than 15%

I was with State Farm for 11 years, 2 cars, homeowners insurance and personal articles policy for my wife's wedding ring. I had a small accident claim June 2013 and my wife had one in Nov 2012.

Went from paying $312 a month for cars and ring and $1530 a year for homeowners insurance to $178 a month for cars and ring and $481 a year for homeowners insurance with Geico! It feels good to give myself a $2,650 a year raise!
    Scott Ganow
    Lone Star Performance
    16300 Midway Rd
    Addison, TX 75001
    214-630-5006

NICE!! I switched to Geico back in June. Pretty happy with them so far. Everytime i call the customer service is top notch. They seem to hire competent people!!

Comment

Geico sends me something every 2-3 weeks trying to get me to change. Everytime I get a quote it's completely ridiculous, at least double what I'm paying. I've got State Farm for my cars and my rates are so low that nobody believes me.

Comment

$480 a year for home-owners is dirt cheap

Comment

I've got Allstate for everything. Geico sends me stuff all the time and I never even open it. Might have to open one of those things.
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
            Geico sends me something every 2-3 weeks trying to get me to change. Everytime I get a quote it's completely ridiculous, at least double what I'm paying. I've got State Farm for my cars and my rates are so low that nobody believes me.
            Same here.

Comment

It's not like the old days anymore. Being loyal to any insurance company just doesn't make sense. If you're not shopping rates at every renewal, you're wasting money.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                $480 a year for home-owners is dirt cheap
                maybe OP has a really shitty house?

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                  I was with State Farm for 11 years, 2 cars, homeowners insurance and personal articles policy for my wife's wedding ring. I had a small accident claim June 2013 and my wife had one in Nov 2012.

Went from paying $312 a month for cars and ring and $1530 a year for homeowners insurance to $178 a month for cars and ring and $481 a year for homeowners insurance with Geico! It feels good to give myself a $2,650 a year raise!

Wait....... you insured her ring ?

how does that work ? does geico appraise it then give you a rate ?
                  I have never thought of doing that , I thought if she loses it she buys a new one ? LOL

Comment

yes, white people have been insuring jewelry for decades
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post

how does that work ? does geico appraise it then give you a rate ?
                      I have never thought of doing that , I thought if she loses it she buys a new one ? LOL
                      You get a "supplemental" policy for the rings or other articles (ex. guns). I have it on my wife's ring as well. She can lose it, have a stone fall out, or theft and it's covered. You do have to get it professionally appraised. It's a cheap adder. If you're a renter, you can add it to the renters policy.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post

I have never thought of doing that

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          yes, white people have been insuring jewelry for decades
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I call around every year, and no one can touch liberty mutual.
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              It's not like the old days anymore. Being loyal to any insurance company just doesn't make sense. If you're not shopping rates at every renewal, you're wasting money.
                              100000% true. My Dad has had the same insurance company for 40+ years, same agent as well. His rates are so retarded, and I tell him this every year or two. He always tells me "Nobody can beat _____ _____'s rates!". Okay Dad, keep getting ripped-off! I think that's just the way old people think. They won't move, won't change jobs, won't change banks, etc. At least that's true in my family.

Comment

Working...
                              X