Factory Five Mk4 Cobra Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    Personally I wouldnt do black in tx. The heat from the engine, exhaust, no ac, can really start adding up.

Be careful where you drive and park, its quite common to break the fiberglass around the oil cooler

Make sure you add the exhaust guards it gives a slight buffer from really burning the shit of your legs or worst the wife/gf's legs. I'ld also add the passenger side glove box, since there is no storage other than the trunk.
    Def true about the black.
    I've seen alot of pics of that damage around the oil cooler.
    I plan on running the stainless guards on the exhaust thats certain.
    And with the dash, I love the glove box, it also fills that side of the dash up, completes the look and feel. Im gonna run the SC gauge layout.
    Ex.
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

Something I learned with that config is that its real easy to forget your speed

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
        Something I learned with that config is that its real easy to forget your speed
        Were you the one that had done one of these builds? I remember seeing one posted in the classifieds a while back.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
          Were you the one that had done one of these builds? I remember seeing one posted in the classifieds a while back.
          Nope

Comment

Something about those pics looks oddly familiar.

Looks like you are on your way.

Comment

Subscribing

Comment

Sweet!! I bet it felt pretty damn good to see that truck pull up!

Comment

A good friend of mine built one of those several years back...has a 377 Windsor with an S-Trim on it....very fast....dangerous fast actually.

He did white over silver on his...when he first mentioned it I thought no way, but then when I saw it I actually really liked it...very different. However his wheels and rollbar sucked serious ass.....looked like a dune buggy.

I always tried to talk him into losing the bar altogether and having some nice aluminum bar-ends made to cap off the openings. He would never do it tho.
                  Last edited by Rreemo; 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Nice dude, I will have one before I die. If you need any free labor I would to help out.
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what did it cost and what all is included?

Comment

Mine's a MkIII, FFR6185. I've had it for a few years, and if I can afford it again, I'll finish it. My motor is a 427W stroker that should put out about 550/550 HP/TQ. Gonna be seriously bad ass. Let me know if you need anything.

Eric

Comment

A guy I race with painted his grabber blue and trimmed it in blac with black stripes. Its pimp.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

silver with light silver stripes FTW!

Awesome build project!

Also, if you ever plan to track the car beware you will need to have equal protection for you and your instructor. Dual hoops at minimum and must be above your helmet. Insurance companies have been revising rules which are running off open top cars. Just FYI.

Comment

Or Sonic Blue with dark grey stripes.
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I built one a few years back and still have it. It was fun to build, kit goes together really good and the mustang parts integrate well. I went with a built 5.0 engine, plenty of hp for the chassis. Painted it white with blue stripes.

Comment

Working...
                                X