Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Shifter Gasket Set Installation Video 1982-2004

Mustang Shifter Gasket Set TR-3650 T-45 T-5 1982-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

This Shifter Gasket set is made from a special, high-temperature silicone elastomer, specifically chosen for this application, and will fit all 1982-2004 Mustangs with a TR-3650, T45 or T5 transmission. It will fit the stock shifter, as well as any aftermarket shifters too.

These gaskets are much more effective at reducing the amount of vibrations coming through your transmission into your shifter, and you'll also reduce the chances of having a stuck bolt. The kit includes a base gasket, along with a secondary gasket, which will go between the shifter and the shift handle.

For installation, you'll first need to remove the shift knob, boot, and retainer. Then, remove the four bolts securing the lower shift retainer, along with the four other bolts underneath that secure the shifter to the transmission.

Remove the shifter and install both gaskets, following Bill's instructions. Return the shifter, including the retainers, boot, and knob, and the installation is finished in a around 45 minutes.

See more Mustang Shifters from CJ Pony Parts:
    Mustang Shifters | CJ Pony Parts
    Steve Riss | Forum Administrator
    CJ Pony Parts, Inc.
    1-800-888-6473 ext. 143

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | YouTube | CJ Blog

I like the idea of the gasket between the transmission and the shifter base, and could see that helping. Having had a 2004 GT with the Tremec and an MGW, there was a lot of vibration.

Not sure on the piece between the shifter base and knob though. IMO, that was the main flaw with the stock shifter (though they have the much thicker rubber piece), which made the shifter feel really spongy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I like the idea of the gasket between the transmission and the shifter base, and could see that helping. Having had a 2004 GT with the Tremec and an MGW, there was a lot of vibration.

Not sure on the piece between the shifter base and knob though. IMO, that was the main flaw with the stock shifter (though they have the much thicker rubber piece), which made the shifter feel really spongy.
      This help take a lot of tranny noise out of the cabin. The original gasket that goes in between the handle and the base needed to be changed as mine fell apart over the years. My handle feels solid again with the new gasket.
      Steve Riss | Forum Administrator
      CJ Pony Parts, Inc.
      1-800-888-6473 ext. 143

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | YouTube | CJ Blog

Comment

Working...
      X