Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Anyone cryptocurrency mine? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone cryptocurrency mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can make money on it too!
    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Tax code updates in 2018.
      The new U.S. tax code amends IRC Section 1031 (a)(1) to close a loophole, making all cryptocurrency trades a taxable event.
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• I'm thinking that if this goes REALLY bad.... Better not have any money in coinbase.com....

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          I'm thinking that if this goes REALLY bad.... Better not have any money in coinbase.com....

http://bitcoinist.com/new-evidence-e...g-at-coinbase/

What follows may be irrelevant, but its just my .02. I never liked bitcoin cash. It doesn't meet my criteria of "needs to exist". It brought little to the table. It was mainly supposed to be an "upgrade" to bitcoin. Since it could be mined in 4mb blocks instead of bitcoin's 2mb blocks. That is an upgrade, but still not really the upgrade that is needed. There are other coins that do everything bitcoin cash does, and they do it a lot better.

They lauded it as "the new bitcoin" when it has little to do with bitcoin. Its just another coin that started up. Looking at its price, there have to be people who have done well by investing in it. But it has been shady from the start. Even before its start, there were some very good questions as to why it was needed. I learned that all that "hard fork" talk was just a bunch on nonsense. The next time they start talking about forks, or hard forks, I won't be paying much attention unless I'm invested in bitcoin at the time. Even then, the new coin that comes as a result of the fork will be up against the original, the giant. Bitcoin. And good luck with that.

Bitcoin itself isn't going anywhere. So any "fork" basically just amounts to another coin startup, that seeks to use the bitcoin name to help it gain popularity. In my estimation without the ability to tack that name on to their "new and improved bitcoin", they'd be just another money coin that may very well fade out of existence eventually.

Also, look at the CEO. He looks like the classic badguy CEO from any movie. He kind of talks like one too. His haircut does not speak of him being a professional. Doesn't look like he's in very good health either. I don't trust him or bitcoin cash.

Again all just my humble .02
          WH

Comment

• The bitcoin cash white paper has a bit more in it that makes more sense, to me. But I think you're pretty spot on. It doesn't take much to see what the inclusion in coinbase did to the price. Worth watching future offers as they are added to coinbase. (Assuming it is around, lol)

This will have some impact on BTC, amd maybe even cash.
            egwit 2x lead developer Jaap Terlouw has confirmed on the project’s website that the team will finally execute the fork on December 28th.

Comment

• I found a few good points in this article.
              Cut out these seven common rookie trading mistakes and you might just survive long enough to become a cryptocurrency pro.

Comment

• Found another one that may be worth a look for people who want to set it and forget it for a couple years. Embercoin. You'll get hundreds of thousands of them for... the $100 range. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. But in that area.

Looks half decent, and the idea for big, big gains is to have a shedload of coins. Or start with a shedload of money. Which most people can't do. You can't look for perfection in the ones that are less than a cent. You'll never find it. Often times they haven't even made it far enough yet to do some good marketing. Way I look at it, I've spent $100 on a lot less worthwhile shit that had no hope of helping my future.

My current list:

Coval (circuits of value)

District0x

Safe exchange coin

Bitcoin

Reddcoin

Basic attention token

Sia coin

In the past I've held OMG and Dogecoin. Think I still have some of that dogecoin somewhere. But the OMG was real good to me. If I see it dip down again after I get some more money to invest, I'll be buying more.

Also had some bitcoin cash and Tron dumped into my account on the exchange for some reason. Couple of other odd coins I never heard of. They do weird giveaways sometimes. I don't really care to follow up on why, but the BCC was duplicated for the amount of bitcoin you had at the time. I imagine some people who held on to their BCC got some rather hefty gains from that.
                Last edited by Gasser64; 12-29-2017, 06:40 AM.
                WH

Comment

• Gasser, we should have coffee sometime. Seriously.

No homo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Found another one that may be worth a look for people who want to set it and forget it for a couple years. Embercoin. You'll get hundreds of thousands of them for... the $100 range. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. But in that area.

Looks half decent, and the idea for big, big gains is to have a shedload of coins. Or start with a shedload of money. Which most people can't do. You can't look for perfection in the ones that are less than a cent. You'll never find it. Often times they haven't even made it far enough yet to do some good marketing. Way I look at it, I've spent $100 on a lot less worthwhile shit that had no hope of helping my future.

My current list:

Coval (circuits of value)

District0x

Safe exchange coin

Bitcoin

Reddcoin

Basic attention token

Sia coin

In the past I've held OMG and Dogecoin. Think I still have some of that dogecoin somewhere. But the OMG was real good to me. If I see it dip down again after I get some more money to invest, I'll be buying more.

Also had some bitcoin cash and Tron dumped into my account on the exchange for some reason. Couple of other odd coins I never heard of. They do weird giveaways sometimes. I don't really care to follow up on why, but the BCC was duplicated for the amount of bitcoin you had at the time. I imagine some people who held on to their BCC got some rather hefty gains from that.
                    Where do you keep all the different coins? Don't they each have a separate paper wallet and computer program?

Comment

• Bought a bunch of XRP at $0.70496, killing it right now...
                      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Yup.

Comment

• What is a good exchange to use that I can get started with that isn't coinbase?
                          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                            Where do you keep all the different coins? Don't they each have a separate paper wallet and computer program?
                            There are many places you can keep your coins. You can do desktop wallets, paper wallets, keep it on the exchange, or there are "coin banks" that is just a server that you can log into. Keep your private keys somewhere safe. Like printed out and put into a file in your filing cabinet. The only real safe way is offline cold storage. Paper wallet or something like a Trezor. This video does a good job of explaining it. They recommend bitcoinpaperwallet.com. Obviously you'll need a printer.

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                            What is a good exchange to use that I can get started with that isn't coinbase?
                            I'd give this a read. I've yet to identify the very best one, but I haven't been looking because I'm not actually trading fiat for bitcoin right now. Already invested all I could spare to invest, and back when I did it, coinbase was where I was told to go. Won't be using them anymore. They're all probably decent, and when I finally do buy more I'll probably just be looking for the one with a decent reputation and low fees. Coinbase's fees were some of the highest. I think I paid $34 in fees to buy a bitcoin. I've heard others say their fees at other places were closer to $7.

Looking for alternatives to CoinBase? Here are safest Coinbase alternative websites compared that are also simple to use.

But really education is the best thing in the world for all this. I would recommend this online course, its a whopping $10. It will get you through all the basics and you'll be a lot better off having taken it. He also has an advanced course for another $10. If you scroll down a bit you may see that the courses are much higher priced than that, but if you go to his youtube videos, I believe he puts links in the descriptions that take you to the site and the prices are adjusted much lower. He has a bunch of courses (many not related to crypto) but I'd do the "Cryptocurrency investment course 2017" and the "Cryptocurrency Long Term investment" course. I did those two, I may eventually buy the wallet one and the "Making Profits" one and and "ICO" one. I'm very wary of ICO's but if you pick the right one, that is where you can make svo money. Since if they're really hyped up, you can buy them at pennies on the dollar and on the day they hit the exchange they may go up to a dollar or more.

But I'll need to study up, the ICO craze may have fizzled out. The reputation of ICO's is pretty much in the toilet, as it became a scammer's paradise. They even made one called "Worthless Etherium Token" just to prove the point about ICO's. Last I checked the damn thing went to $36 lol. Then again there will be those awesome ones that are actually great ideas/projects that will still come along from time to time. As for the courses in the link below, just keep in mind that many of the coins he mentions are only there to be used for teaching purposes. He made the videos too long ago to go thinking about investing in the coins right away without a good update on their situation.

Using google to search for certain topics/threads or specific coins on this website is also a huge help. It doesn't look like much but in terms of usage and members its gigantic. Their search kind of sucks but google works great to search it. If you do use it you'll be wading through all manner of FUD and people pumping their own investments, but they usually get called out on it. The info is there and you'll recognize it when the right user is spouting it.

Last edited by Gasser64; 12-30-2017, 11:10 PM.
                            WH

Comment

• This will be interesting to watch. If successful, would this be considered the first "tangible commodity" backed crypto?

The Venezuelan government has published a decree outlining the operation of Venezuela's national cryptocurrency, the Petro. It details the government’s plans for the new currency, including its issuance, mining, and trading. In addition, the Petro will be backed by 5 billion barrels of crude oil.

Comment

• SO when I posted this months ago i wanted to mine, a friend and myself talked ourselves out of it then...but 3 months ago we bought into MULTIPLE stocks, didnt hit the big bitcoin bubble(made a little), we bought litecoin at 75, and eth at 400. Our biggest gainers have been TRX, SMN,SNT, and XRP though.

I bought XRP at .25$ and TRX at .004$.

Lets just say those 2 investments have destroyed any other investment I have ever made in my life by a LOOOOOOOOOONG shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X