Do me a solid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do me a solid?

Trying to get my youtube going, and working on new content.
    I think I'm getting better, but I have a long way to go. can you all please do me a big favor, and go to youtube, like my crap, comment on the videos, and subscribe? If you have friends or family into RC, or just youtube junkies share it with them. I'm really excited about this project and want it to go well. If this one gets popular, I might be able to more easily afford the next one.
    Anyway, thanks in advance. I know how DFW's can move mountains when called on for help.
    In this video I start my quest for making the fastest plane I have ever flown. I take a Laine's Planes Cuda' and strap a rocket to it. Fallow along as we g...

In this episode we try and add more power to the rocket cuda, and talk about the future.
    Last edited by 4bangen; 02-06-2018, 07:08 AM.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    Trying to get my youtube going, and working on new content.
    I think I'm getting better, but I have a long way to go. can you all please do me a big favor, and go to youtube, like my crap, comment on the videos, and subscribe? If you have friends or family into RC, or just youtube junkies share it with them. I'm really excited about this project and want it to go well. If this one gets popular, I might be able to more easily afford the next one.
    Anyway, thanks in advance. I know how DFW's can move mountains when called on for help.
    In this video I start my quest for making the fastest plane I have ever flown. I take a Laine's Planes Cuda' and strap a rocket to it. Fallow along as we g...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TizieFxEJk
    Liked and subscribed but will actually watch and comment when I get home.. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Liked and subscribed but will actually watch and comment when I get home.. Good luck!
      THANKS MAN, AND ANY FEED BACK IS WELCOME AND APRECIATED.
      oops left the caps on.
      oh and I already know, I'm fat ugly, and my yard looks bad.

Comment

As someone that's been down this road, I can offer up a few tips.

Number 1. Get a camera with an external mic port and get a dead cat for it. People will bitch constantly about wind noise.

Number 2. Fade transition from the opening screen to the first part of the video. It's a little abrupt.

Number 3. Tripod. Even with a camera man, the tripod adds stability and a much smoother image.

Number 4. Prepare for trolls. Being a member of this site helps out tremendously, because we are the biggest assholes on the internet.

Other than those, I think you're in pretty good shape. One helluva lot better than me when I first started out.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          As someone that's been down this road, I can offer up a few tips.

Number 1. Get a camera with an external mic port and get a dead cat for it. People will bitch constantly about wind noise.

Number 2. Fade transition from the opening screen to the first part of the video. It's a little abrupt.

Number 3. Tripod. Even with a camera man, the tripod adds stability and a much smoother image.

Number 4. Prepare for trolls. Being a member of this site helps out tremendously, because we are the biggest assholes on the internet.

Other than those, I think you're in pretty good shape. One helluva lot better than me when I first started out.
          thanks man.
          I just got my gopro so quality is just starting to get better. I'm thinking I may go with a stand alone audio system, and add the sound in post. What do you think?
          Also ya, I'm prepared for youtube trolls. Infact as or fright now when I get a random troll, I kinda enjoy it. But I assume the more views I get the more bothersome they will become. I have made the decision to keep my daughter out of my videos though. I really don't want the perverts making comments about her.
          Oddly one of my most popular videos is a short clip of my ranger that has hit nearly 100k views. I figure I'll make more content of that too. I plan on mixing rc and hotrod stuff. Rumbuilder is about building the things I like to build. Anyway Thanks again.

Comment

What someone else said. It's good that you got a GoPro now. Vid quality just seemed really inconsistent from scene to scene. Find some sort of tripod or stabilizer, the "jerkiness" or instability kinda drove me nuts.

Comment

I fly r/c too but mostly warbirds and some sport planes. I have a few foamies for in town and ease of use but am starting to build from wood again. I'd like to learn a lot more about fpv equipment. I'm also considering building some 100 plus mph electrics for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                I fly r/c too but mostly warbirds and some sport planes. I have a few foamies for in town and ease of use but am starting to build from wood again. I'd like to learn a lot more about fpv equipment. I'm also considering building some 100 plus mph electrics for fun.
                Thats great, 100+ with electric has got super easy, I recently crashed a 114mph rare bear. lol
                All it had done to it was I swapped from 4s to 5s batteries. (thats 114 radar confirmed.

If you are local to DFW then come up to denton and we can fly together and talk shop. let me know if you have any questions about fpv and stuff. If I don't know I can atleast point you to someone who does.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  What someone else said. It's good that you got a GoPro now. Vid quality just seemed really inconsistent from scene to scene. Find some sort of tripod or stabilizer, the "jerkiness" or instability kinda drove me nuts.
                  Thanks man. I'm working on it. I never thought of myself as a serious youtuber, I always thought "One day..." But then recently I said Fuck it! and decided now was the time. I'm going though growing pains I should have fixed years ago. lol But better late than never.

Comment

Like JC316 said. Only thing Ill add is the camera quality can be off but if it isnt stabilized people wont watch very long. That and sound quality. Drill the mic hole out bigger for the gopro holder. That plastic holder has a tiny hole and makes the mic sound crappy.
                    My other suggestions is to make your videos a story. Watch guys like Peter Mckinon, Neistat and noitce how they tell the whole story. They film getting ready, the trip there, the actual meat of the story, then kind of do the wrap back at home or somewhere else. Theres tons of channels with people that have great production quality and no story or great stories but zero production.
                    . If you're trying to grow your channel as fast as possible try to contact other youtubers with larger channels that are doing the same thing you are and see if you can collaborate with them. When Im in town Ill glady meet up with you and talk about your channel on mine. I dont have a huge channel but Iv got 58k subs and 14million channels views. It wont immediately get you as many views as you would think but it definitely gives you a bump and you can never tell what the long term affect is for gaining subs/views on your channels.
                    I’m a mobile heavy equipment, diesel, and fleet mechanic. Throughout the week I get to work on lots of different machines. My goal for this channel is to upload some videos about fixing anything from cars to bulldozers. I usually get the job done without the tools that the manufacturer wants you to spend a ton of cash on...or I break a lot of stuff in the process. Thanks for watching the vids!

Comment

Thanks that would be cool.
                      I'm not trying to explode over night, it would just be cool as heck to see more than 50 views per video. Lol Kinda feels like I'm talking to an empty room right now. But as I grow I definitely want the quality to grow with me. This week I'll work on the camera stuff, and I swear the hardest part so far is remembering to video when I'm doing stuff.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Thanks that would be cool.
                        I'm not trying to explode over night, it would just be cool as heck to see more than 50 views per video. Lol Kinda feels like I'm talking to an empty room right now. But as I grow I definitely want the quality to grow with me. This week I'll work on the camera stuff, and I swear the hardest part so far is remembering to video when I'm doing stuff.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

I’ll check it out when I get to the office.

Comment

As several have stated already, I'm about a minute and a half in and the instability of the camera has me hoping it was over!

I'm sure this will get better with time as you get more comfortable with the camera. I can tolerate it in short bursts, if you are moving the camera, or walking with it and I know it is going to go away, but it is hard to watch long stretches of it.

Film everything, everywhere you are comfortable taking the camera. Experiment with different equipment, ways to hold the camera, etc. No doubt it will get better the more you film! I subscribed.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              As several have stated already, I'm about a minute and a half in and the instability of the camera has me hoping it was over!

I'm sure this will get better with time as you get more comfortable with the camera. I can tolerate it in short bursts, if you are moving the camera, or walking with it and I know it is going to go away, but it is hard to watch long stretches of it.

Film everything, everywhere you are comfortable taking the camera. Experiment with different equipment, ways to hold the camera, etc. No doubt it will get better the more you film! I subscribed.
                              thanks.
                              Hope to film the next episode this weekend. I'll be bringing a tripod!

Comment

Working...
                              X