Tested the new Mickey Thompsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 08GT500 View Post
    My 60 ft was a 1.7, I still need some practice.
    Yes sir, you do

Comment

What should my 60ft be around?

Comment

Originally posted by 08gt500 View Post
        what should my 60ft be around?
        1.5/1.4
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

How tough are the halfshafts??

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
            How tough are the halfshafts??
            It's not IRS (shouldn't be at least)
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              It's not IRS (shouldn't be at least)
              I think he means the two piece driveshaft. I've seen one literally twisted like a candy cane at work. What's funny is that it was right when the GT500's came out, and Ford warrantied it.

Hello Brian. Rustin told me about your times. Good job. It was funny a couple of nights ago him talking about buying a procharger because the next thing he said was how bad he wanted to beat you.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

My bad, I thought GT500's were IRS....they're not?? I like 'em even more if they're solid! Just goes to show you how old the crap I usually work on is! LOL!

Comment

My bad, I thought GT500's were IRS....they're not?? I like 'em even more if they're solid! Just goes to show you how old the crap I usually work on is! LOL!
                  Yup. Solid rear.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Whats up Josh? Yeah Rustin told me about the supercharger for his Vette that he wants. I think he'll need more than that to keep up with me, like some tires. I'm supposed to come get it Wed so I can do the alignment on it. I think I'm going to invest in the one piece driveshaft.

Comment

What should my 60ft be around?
                      Our '55 Chevy 4 door drag car ran some 7.36, .38, and .39's, and on a 26x8.5" M/T ET Drag coming off the foot brake at 3500 it cut a 1.57 and went 92 mph. Get that 60 foot time down some more and you should be able to pick fewer least a few tenths. You've definitely got the mph.

What does your car weigh ? Any idea what kind of power it makes ?

-Aaron

Comment

Not sure what it weighs, should be whatever a regular 08 Shelby is. It dynoed 552rwhp and 540trq. I wanna go to a 1/4 mile track, wonder what I'd run.

Comment

Not sure what it weighs, should be whatever a regular 08 Shelby is. It dynoed 552rwhp and 540trq. I wanna go to a 1/4 mile track, wonder what I'd run.
                          I would bet very low 11's. It could be knocking on high 10's with some better 60 ft times.

-Aaron

Comment

We'd be a pretty close race as well... my best is a 7.01@103 and a 1.64 60'. Went 10.80's @ 128 in the 1/4.

Comment

We'd be a pretty close race as well... my best is a 7.01@103 and a 1.64 60'. Went 10.80's @ 128 in the 1/4.
                              What kind of car is it? What kind of power?

Comment

'91 LX convertible. 3500# raceweight, AOD with a turbo. 550rwhp.

Comment

Working...
                                X