Gun safe organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun safe organization

I am less than pleased with the layout of my safe and from what I have see it's pretty much a standard layout for all safes. They just kind of throw some generic shelves in there with a couple of specialized boards that don't hold long guns worth a fuck. I've got a door organizer that's not worth much of a fuck as well.

So I've been searching the web for some generic DIY racks and shelving that are more tailored to firearms. Now that I have my router running I think I will tackle this one first for pistols. And then move on to a rifle rack. I also need to come up with something to store mags of various firearms in a compact but visually appealing manor.

Like. Shelves for ammo boxes would be nice too.
    WRX

Comment

Why do people keep ammo in their safe?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        I've always wondered this myself. I keep some loaded mags in the safe with the guns, but not boxes of ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          I've always wondered this myself. I keep some loaded mags in the safe with the guns, but not boxes of ammo.
          Same here. I have way to many ammo cans filled to waste safe space with.

The spacing on the rifle rack in my safe is way to optimistic as far as how many spots it has. Maybe if they were Daisy BB guns but real rifles and shotguns need more room.

I could probably use a pistol rack like this in my safe to save some space though.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            I do right now because I can...

I have 64 gun safe, but many less guns at the moment so plenty of space.

Just not quite as organized as I would like at all.
            WRX

Comment

I thought these modular walls were a cool idea, and it looks like the new Winchester Evolution safes are using it in part of the safe.

With a brief history of the gun safe, learn how SecureIt? is revolutionizing the industry and solving problems other gun safes ignore.

Comment

Didn't know Winchester had a model like that. I have a Winchester safe that I thought was a pretty good value. I also like the organizational stuff that Secure It does. I'll have to check this one out.

Comment

I just like the wood racks better for some reason over the wire racks.

As far as ammo, I like to keep enough in there in each caliber to fill a couple mags of everything but the bulk is stored in crates these days. I cant tell you why honestly... For some reason I think that if someone kicks the back door in while I'm gone they would take the ammo and I don't want to be cleaned out totally.

If anyone is interested in some racks hit me up and we can cut some out, just bring your own wood or ill pick it up if you reimburse me.

Comment

Working...
                  X