Motorcyclist killed after running into 18-wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclist killed after running into 18-wheeler

DALLAS -- A motorcyclist died early Thursday morning when he crashed into the back of an 18-wheeler on a Dallas County freeway.

A Hutchins police officer was trying to pull the cyclist over for an alleged traffic violation around 2:30 a.m.

Instead of pulling over, police said the rider accelerated and sped off.

He reportedly hit the rear of the tractor trailer truck and was killed.

Because of the crash, westbound Interstate-20 at Bonnie View Road was closed for several hours while officers conducted their investigation.

The name of the motorcyclist has not been released.

I saw this on channel 4 this morning. They said the rider was in his 40's. The pictures they showed of the bike, showed the destruction of it... I could not tell.

Damn shame to lose your life instead of pulling over. Paying a ticket/ losing life.... Even if there was a warrant out, Warrant/ life....

RIP
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      DALLAS -- A motorcyclist died early Thursday morning when he crashed into the back of an 18-wheeler on a Dallas County freeway.

A Hutchins police officer was trying to pull the cyclist over for an alleged traffic violation around 2:30 a.m.

Instead of pulling over, police said the rider accelerated and sped off.

He reportedly hit the rear of the tractor trailer truck and was killed.

Because of the crash, westbound Interstate-20 at Bonnie View Road was closed for several hours while officers conducted their investigation.

The name of the motorcyclist has not been released.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Motor...129473768.html
      He and ONLY he made that decision to run and endanger himself and everyone else on the road. One less dumbass on the road making us all look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        He and ONLY he made that decision to run and endanger himself and everyone else on the road. One less dumbass on the road making us all look bad.

While I would love to say that is a harsh statement, it is also a fact. Fox 4 news said the police were not even chasing him... (was 7 a.m. when I heard the report).
        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

you love it..

Comment

news like this reinforces the stereotype, like watching a video from an Ihop or Denny's in Atlanta.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
              While I would love to say that is a harsh statement, it is also a fact. Fox 4 news said the police were not even chasing him... (was 7 a.m. when I heard the report).
              Agreed

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              news like this reinforces the stereotype, like watching a video from an Ihop or Denny's in Atlanta.
              So true. Makes us all look bad
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Just FYI - I knew the guy very well, he actually worked for me for a couple years before going to Home Depot where he worked his way up from a part time night stocker to assistant manager in a very short time, he was a very hard worker and just a awesome person to hang out with. It was not in his character to run from the cops, me yes...him no. I know he wasn't trying to run. I can't stand the news, this is a perfect expample of making something out of nothing. He was an inexperienced rider that made a bad decision on riding outside of his limits, nothing more. He had only had the bike a few months. Im sure if he saw the cop coming he would have pulled over gladly.

Very sad day....Just found out it was him late last evening.

RIP brother....
                2012 GT - Brembo car
                "Sell crazy some place else, were all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets.

Comment

Originally posted by GARS04 View Post
                  Just FYI - I knew the guy very well, he actually worked for me for a couple years before going to Home Depot where he worked his way up from a part time night stocker to assistant manager in a very short time, he was a very hard worker and just a awesome person to hang out with. It was not in his character to run from the cops, me yes...him no. I know he wasn't trying to run. I can't stand the news, this is a perfect expample of making something out of nothing. He was an inexperienced rider that made a bad decision on riding outside of his limits, nothing more. He had only had the bike a few months. Im sure if he saw the cop coming he would have pulled over gladly.

Very sad day....Just found out it was him late last evening.

RIP brother....
                  Wow so you were there? Tell us what really happened.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

sounds like he was running because he wasn't licensed or insured.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds familiar...related to Super Ballew?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Wow so you were there? Tell us what really happened.
                        I didn't say I was there Jack Ass, I said I know the guy and it's out of character. Read the post, then respond retard.
                        2012 GT - Brembo car
                        "Sell crazy some place else, were all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets.

Comment

I didn't say I was there Jack Ass, I said I know the guy and it's out of character. Read the post, then respond retard.

I know he wasn't trying to run. .
                          People can read just fine.
                          Then how the fuck do you KNOW, jack ass?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, I must have missread when you said the news was wrong, and he wasn't running from the police.

My mistake.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              I'm sorry, I must have missread when you said the news was wrong, and he wasn't running from the police.

My mistake.
                              He called him mid-death to explain it all. he just wanted the record to be set straight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X