Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fat walleyed mothafucka

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      is it not possible to buy the data and merge it with this site?
      Don't know that you could buy it, but maybe you could download it, if you were really bored and had a lot of time on your hands...
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
        You wouldnt win their online count is usually in thousands vs here being in the hundreds

Throw it up anyway. Mustang World thought the same thing when it attacked GTChick01 a few years back.

Comment

You wouldnt win their online count is usually in thousands vs here being in the hundreds
          Where?

Comment

You asked what sites I might have named an ulcer after? This was a local site a local community. It started as a site for people into street racing. It turned into a giant off topic site with no direction only people insulting each other online. It was not about cars it was about being the biggest strongest keyboard warrior in the west. You had an absentee owner who basically was paying the bills on the place to exist and had not logged in in nearly two years. He wanted the headaches to go away so he sold the site. Yes it vacated quickly but part of that was anger that the old owner never offered to sell the site to any of the members.
            He's pretty spot-on, actually. What he left out was that Chris did the web hosting and maintenance, but for those two years just raked in the advertising money and left mods/admins to sort out the rest.

We have a perfectly good racing community, but a lot of those guys get on other, more specific websites (TTT5, yellowbullet, etc) to do the race talk. BUT, they all started here. It's 2,500 friends who choose this website as their Happy Hour hang out, in a sense.

Where Phil fails to make that particular posting not only positive but relevant is that, even though he acknowledges a main reason the site was vacated, his insolence was the deciding factor. It's like going to a doctor to get stitches every day because you keep getting stabbed by some crazy street bum outside your office: sure you're stopping the bleeding for the time being, but you really need to get that bum to quit stabbing you.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I really wonder if they are making anything off that place. There have been 14 new posts since Christmas Day. Looks like half of them are from that dumbshit Flanders.
            The website is merely a number that they roll in with the other hundreds of sites they own to sell advertising.

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
            what's funny is that i (and i'm sure several others) made him an offer to purchase the site for what he paid. he (and the vp of whatever their business is called) said that they weren't interested in selling and wouldn't entertain any offers. oh well...
            Yup. I even explained to him what was about to happen. My only error was the guesstimate about numbers and timeframes. We left MUCH MUCH quicker
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              I bet he would take it now. You should make your offer again and then string em along for a bit.
              They would probably accept maple syrup in trade for it now.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Would not hurt to try

Sent from the last stall on the left
                http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                  Would not hurt to try

Sent from the last stall on the left

We took decade old site with 20k people and stripped it like an 83 Buick left in Oak Cliff over the course of a single weekend. I've got faith in this group of degenerates.

Comment

This maybe a real photo...not sure. I think he made his fb private after another board was messing with him.

Comment

But we are like internet spartan warriors.

What are their daily jobs, fluffer, computer programmer, D&D dungeon master, Terrance and Phillip flatulent advisor, floppy headed douche, etc.....

We are trained to be internet warriors from the time we first logged into this site!!! Our entire lives are devoted to e-thugging and arguing over the internet!!!!!!!

AAAAUUUHHH! AUUUUHHHH ! AUUUHHHHH!
                      Originally posted by Nash B.
                      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Pretty much spot-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Haha!

You last visited: 10-12-11 at 2:54 pm
                          That's still higher than I would have guessed.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                            there's no way. i can't imagine that anyone would buy advertising on a site that has almost no visitors. when i spoke to phil and his boss on the phone, they both made it sound like they didn't want to sell the place on principle. they'll just shut it down eventually...it's not worth the money to continue to host it. the sad thing is that the post history will be lost forever, and there is a lot of history on that server!
                            - Vertical Scope is an ad revenue company. companies dont buy advertisements for a specific site but for a targeted audience. So the add that a visitor sees is based off the visitor's infometrics (search history, cookies, etc ) and the theme of the site.

- the post history could be saved. If somebody built a parser to crawl through the site and the place the posts into a database. That database could then possibly be added to the bulletin boards DB with an administrative bot that parse the captured db, and then post as the user into a new thread. The thread would probably have to be in a hidden forum to avoid users and then pushed into an forum where it can be seen

It would require somebody with better coding skill than I have, and it would require admin access to do admin bot stuff
                            Last edited by John -- '02 HAWK; 01-11-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Jesus Christ, is this some sort of Level 5 state secret or something? What site was that posted on?

Comment

Wtf? Spit it out already.

Comment

Working...
                                X