First time heading to the gun range - Bullet Trap Plano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time heading to the gun range - Bullet Trap Plano

So I'm going to the Bullet Trap this weekend and it will be my first time at a gun range in my life. I have been shooting all types of guns for almost 20 years but I have always done this outside on property.

What are some things that you didn't know the first time you went that would have made things easier for you?
    Last edited by 0 GT 2; 03-28-2012, 01:41 PM.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

In my opinion, it's easier but louder. I'd really only take hand guns there, with smaller targets. not the huge ones you can put up at say..GPS. Also, the slightly thicker ones are better IMO so they settle down after you run them out.

Nothing really special there though.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
      So I'm going to the Bullet Trap this weekend and it will be my first time at a gun range in my life. I have been shooting all types of guns for almost 20 years but I have always done this outside on property.

What are some things that you didn't know the first time you went that would have made things easier for you?
      just make sure you read their rules. they normally have a line they want you to read back to them so they know you are actually reading
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

As Doc at Bass Pro would say, just remember to sweep up your brass when you're done.

That's about it.

Comment

They have everything thing there, even loaner guns. You just pay extra for everything you don't bring.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Double hearing protection helps. Wear soft disposable plugs then put your muffs on over those.

Make sure you read the rules.

Generally no rapid fire is allowed. 1 shot/sec. usually...

Put on your hearing protection before entering the outer door to the range.

Make sure the outer door is closed behind you before opening the inner door.

Don't wear a collared shirt. Hot brass from your gun or someone in the lane next to you can get inside your shirt and burn the shit out of you...

Take plenty of ammo and have fun!
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I believe you can only shoot brass cased ammo too so keep that in mind if you're bringing your own (which I would recommend so you don't have to pay more for ammo).
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
              X