Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Actually I've found some conversion kits to put a 4L60 in the Wagoneer. That should improve milage quite a bit I'd imagine. My eyes are burning, I've been researching all day.
    All that Breaking Bad you have been watching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I don't like the leg room in a discovery, and you are taller than me.

Comment

I read enough pissed off owner reviews on the Discovery to come to my senses. I've always loved the way they look though.

Comment

I read enough pissed off owner reviews on the Discovery to come to my senses. I've always loved the way they look though.
          My uncle has one, he maintains everything he owns better than anyone else I have ever met, and there is always something wrong with his. We were just working on it today actually. The abs ecu took a shit, $200 just for the replacement.

Comment

Actually I've found some conversion kits to put a 4L60 in the Wagoneer. That should improve milage quite a bit I'd imagine. My eyes are burning, I've been researching all day.
            Nope it wont help enough to justify. Those motors were not designed with efficiency in mind. Had a j10 truck for many years and no matter how you drove it 10 mpg is all you saw but back when I had it .89 cents to 1.50 were the norm so it didn't hurt to drive it. Also have/had many cj's with the 304, 360 and 401 and I think the best ever was 12 or so out of the 304 and those things don't way shit.

I will one day thou own a grand wagoneer and do a cummins swap.

Comment

get a jeep zj, cheap and reliable as hell. one owner loaded ones with leather can be found for $4000

Comment

if you haven't already found it, here's a link to a good site regarding sbc drivetrain swaps into wagoneers. lots of info.

Last edited by asphaltjunkie; 09-03-2013, 12:00 AM.
                "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                  if you haven't already found it, here's a link to a good site regarding sbc drivetrain swaps into wagoneers. lots of info.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/fsj_swap.htm

LOL, that was the site with the 4l60 info. Thanks though!

Comment

if you're at all concerned about mileage, you could always *try* to find one with a 4.2l and a manual trans....they were claiming 18/25 back in the day with that combo...

probably slower than shit tho....lol
                    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My lead foot needs to slow down before I kill someone any way.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                        if you're at all concerned about mileage, you could always *try* to find one with a 4.2l and a manual trans....they were claiming 18/25 back in the day with that combo...

probably slower than shit tho....lol
                        6cyl 5 speed cj wont get that kind of mileage I highly doubt a fsj with no overdrive could.

Comment

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. (03-06 LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. (03-06 LJ)

I hope somebody else buys this so I can relax.

Comment

I was heavily looking at Wranglers before deciding it probably wouldn't fit my needs. I really like the newer Moab Editions in white. Right now I'm actually looking at the 09+ Ford Escape Limiteds.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                                http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehic...ed-lj-40s.html

I hope somebody else buys this so I can relax.

You need that!

Comment

Working...
                                X