Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due want! ^^^^

Comment

Meh. Doesn't make me excited. And the quarter panel looks out of proportion, like on a CTS. I'll keep my '13.

Comment

You guys are getting closer!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Meh. Doesn't make me excited. And the quarter panel looks out of proportion, like on a CTS. I'll keep my '13.
          I still LOVE my '14, especially if that's what it's gonna look like I think I made the right choice.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I like it. I'm just waiting to hear official dimensions and weights. If the rumors are true, it's going to be an incredible machine.
            - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
            1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Looks like we will see the real deal soon.

Reuters reports:

Ford offers auto writers a look at redesigned Mustang next week

Oct 16 (Reuters) - The long wait will be over soon for hard-core Mustang fans: Ford Motor Co plans to unveil the next-generation 2015 Mustang later this year, several months ahead of the car's 50th anniversary, and has invited auto writers for a sneak peek next week.

The Mustang is getting its first complete overhaul since 2005, including a more modern design, a more nimble chassis and more efficient engines and transmissions intended to broaden the car's appeal outside its core American audience, according to sources familiar with Ford's plans.

The automaker has invited small numbers of automotive writers, including European media, to its Dearborn headquarters for a sneak preview of the new Mustang, beginning next week, several sources said.

The writers have agreed not to reveal details of the car until Ford gives the nod -- but embargoes on new car models are routinely broken, so the first photos of the 2015 Mustang could leak ahead of the car's formal debut in December.

The 2015 model is slated to go on sale next summer.

The original Mustang was introduced at the New York World's Fair on April 17, 1964, to tremendous national fanfare. It was featured on the covers of both Time and Newsweek magazine, helping to cement the reputation of Ford's then-sales boss, Lee Iacocca, and was purchased by more than half a million customers in 1965, its first full year on the market.

When it was last redesigned eight years ago, the Mustang took a step backward in time, with a retro design that has attracted fewer and fewer buyers. Sales last year totaled just 82,995 and were down another 11.5 percent through September.

The automaker is spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a ground-up redesign of the car. The 2015 model will be the first Mustang aimed at global markets, notably Europe, Japan and Australia.

To enhance its appeal to prospective U.S. and overseas buyers, Ford is overhauling nearly every inch of the car, the sources said.

The automaker has developed a new rear-wheel-drive platform for the 2015 Mustang, which will ride on the same 107-inch wheelbase as its predecessor but is expected to shed several hundred pounds.

Ford is revamping the car's suspension, steering and brakes, and upgrading engines and transmissions, with a new EcoBoost turbocharged four-cylinder engine to be offered as an option.

The exterior sheet metal and the cabin have been completely redesigned to give it a more modern look and feel, but the 2015 Mustang will have styling cues inspired by past Mustangs, the sources said.

Comment

Interesting... I want to see this new contraption.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Glad we won't have to wait until March like previously reported. To me they hit a home run with the 10 redesign then dropping the 5.0 in in 2011, with some actual fucking horsepower finally. I wasn't about to fork out 25k for a new car with only 260 or 300 horsepower. I'm betting 450hp and 3350 pounds.

Comment

I wasn't about to fork out 25k for a new car with only 260 or 300 horsepower.
                    I did in 1996. Then again it was the only V-8 in north America with 32v's other than the Lotus built ZR1. The mill we have today and moving forward were all by products of that mill.

I'm betting 450hp and 3350 pounds.
                    This would be bad ass!
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

So can we get an LX with manual windows/locks and a 8.8?

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
                        So can we get an LX with manual windows/locks and a 8.8?
                        You can get close Allan, but the 8.8 will be an IRS from what I understand.

You coming out Saturday?
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

You coming out Saturday?
                          All aluminum IRS!

This might be the first car i bite the bullet on and get from a dealership.
                          Last edited by Slow Five-O; 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM.
                          2014 GT
                          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

You coming out Saturday?
                            I have to work this Saturday. Still not sold on the Ford IRS. Guess we will see.

Comment

New rendering.

Oh Hell Yeah!!

Comment

The more I look at these renderings, the more I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X