first ar build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ar build

I just finished putting this together. This is my fist "real build" as i started with a stripped upper and lower.
    The barrel is a cheap 100 (shipped!) 1/8 18 inch from spinta precision that was on sale. It seems to have a sweet spot as it heated up.

The 5th group, outside of sighting it in, seemed to be the best group i could get. Aprox 20ish rounds into the string.

these were all 5 shot groups with cheap 55gr HPR softpoints.

How much do you have invested total, minus optics? That A2 stock looks damned good with that longer barrel.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      How much do you have invested total, minus optics? That A2 stock looks damned good with that longer barrel.
      Not counting tools to build it. Im at $598, my father gave me the upper, lower and bcg and charging handle. Everything else was changed. In all reality its about a 800 dollar rifle as it sits (not counting optics). Im pretty happy how it turned out. Next project is gonna be a 20in ar10.

Comment

What distance was that group fired from?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I like it....being in the Army just as the smaller rifles were being phased in - I'm still a big fan of the A2 stock. I have a A2 looking bushy and it's my favorite rifle.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Cj - 100 yards @ apline range. So its just at 1 moa (ish?). Im pretty happy for it being my first "precision" build.

One small question to everyone out there, during assembly the barrel to upper fit was less than amazing. It had quite a bit of wobble in it. Ive read about bedding it to the upper but chose just to see what happened without doing it. Think this could be exaggerating the accuracy issues as its heating up?

AP upper
            spinta 1/8 midlength 18inch barrel
            nordic comp
            barrel nut at aprox 60-65 ft pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
              Cj - 100 yards @ apline range. So its just at 1 moa (ish?). Im pretty happy for it being my first "precision" build.

One small question to everyone out there, during assembly the barrel to upper fit was less than amazing. It had quite a bit of wobble in it. Ive read about bedding it to the upper but chose just to see what happened without doing it. Think this could be exaggerating the accuracy issues as its heating up?

AP upper
              spinta 1/8 midlength 18inch barrel
              nordic comp
              barrel nut at aprox 60-65 ft pounds
              I'm surprised you made it out of there alive.

Comment

Alpine isn't as bad as it used to be, IMO anyway.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                  Alpine isn't as bad as it used to be, IMO anyway.
                  I haven't been in years. The last time I went was the last straw... Never again will I go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    I'm surprised you made it out of there alive.
                    It wasnt horrible. I just wish there was a closer range that offers 100+ yards, besides the super tacticool ranges.

Comment

Howdy. I believe we have the same barrel [SKU: 18223WYLDESF] and I was hoping you could answer a question for me. Unfortunately, Spinta's customer service has not responded to my inquiry in two days and I'm dying for an answer.

I have a .750" low profile gas block from Franklin Armory [http://bit.ly/1OK5shl]. It fits the barrel very tightly, which is good. However, the gas tube port in the block sits flush with the fat part of the barrel. This causes the gas tube to touch the barrel for the first few inches of it's run to the receiver. In fact, it seems to sit a hair lower than flush, putting stress on the tube. Does your setup look like that? If so, has it had any related problems? If not, where did you get the gas block?

I'd purchase a Spinta low profile gas block under the assumption they are more properly sized for this barrel, but they are out of stock and they look nearly identical to the Franklin gas block I already have. Instead, I'm considering purchasing a Stag low-profile block: https://www.stagarms.com/low-profile-gas-block/

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        I haven't been in years. The last time I went was the last straw... Never again will I go there.
                        My brother and I feel the same way about Alpine. The rules against FMJ and green-tipped ammo are a deal killer, but the last time I was there the shooter next to us had a hunting rifle pointing straight at my head while the owner was head down, working in the breach. It took me a minute to notice while I assisted my girlfriend with her shooting. I had to say something to the man, obviously, but the range officer/kid was standing directly behind us and hadn't said a word. I felt like his primary job was to ensure nobody used FMJ ammo and were forced to buy the range's over-priced frangible offerings.

After that, I signed up for a private range that requires a background check, a safety evaluation, and an orientation class. People take things much more seriously there and I feel a lot safer.

Comment

Looks good, congrats!
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I'm building something very similar, a2 stock 18" barrel.

Has anyone used a Faxton barrel?
                            I'm using a slick side upper on it, but will basically look just like yours. I hope mine shoots that good!
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Dump bump
                              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                              X