F vandals - License plate brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F vandals - License plate brackets

I was in the process of selling my bike (04 Triumph Daytona) this summer (whole other story) and was doing a few repairs as well as taking it around and getting some last rides in. Went into a store while out on a ride, and when i came out someone had snapped off my license plate as well as broke both of the rear turn signals at the stem and left them hanging by the wires. Plate was nowhere to be found. Since I didn't have a tag and the indicators were busted the inspection was a wash.

So...now I'm looking for a new plate mount. Any ideas/suggestions? Do the popo get their panties in a twist if its mounted deep in the undertail?

Gonna trace a basic one out on some sheet metal in the meantime, but while I've got the rear torn down to replace the signals might as well look at other options.

Don't know if they would help you but i have the stock rear blinkers off my 07 zx6 that you're more than welcome to.

Comment

i made the ones on my old TLR and z1000. id just go that route esp. if you are selling it.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I've had the plates stolen off of every bike I've ever owned with the exception of the '14 zx10r

Yet.

Knock on wood.

Fuckin strange. The only time the lights were ever messed with was on my Yamaha, like 9-10 years ago. The headlight....somebody bent it upwards until something snapped. That was a bitch to fix. And one back blinker was snapped off once.
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

hmm, ive never had anyone steal my plate, but i did have one come loose and lodge itself between the tire and swingarm and cut up the tire. got a ticket out of that one

Comment

What the fuck is the point of running around stealing motorcycle license plates?
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              What the fuck is the point of running around stealing motorcycle license plates?
              what the fuck is the point of running around stealing motorcycles?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                what the fuck is the point of running around stealing motorcycles?
                Ah. Makes more sense.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My guess would be the plate was snagged to put on a stolen bike, or somebody wants an easy way out of paying registration.

Comment

They take the reg. and insp. sticker off to place on their own plates. Thats my gues cause it would be easy to remove the stickers off.

Comment

Working...
                    X