X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned out very NICE !!!!!

Welcome to 2014 LOL

Comment

Damn dude... Im impressed. You find out that a lot of this work isnt that hard, just labor intensive. I hope you are thrilled with your work

Comment

Thanks again everyone!
        I owe it mainly to my buddies for all their hard work on the plumbing and tile work.
        Got the shower door installed last night and will finally be able to take a shower this evening whenever I get home from the gym.
        Still waiting on my vanity mirror and will do the backsplash at that time.

Comment

Looks great.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I wanted to bring this back up. You did a great job, it looks beautiful. I am seriously contemplating doing my bathroom(s). Mine look very similar to yours. However, my house was built in 1940 so I'm a little worried about taking down the walls in fear of finding asbestos, they are plaster where there's no tile. What was the skill level on this? Have you done this or something like this before? I am handy, have done paint and other projects, but have no experience in something like this.

Comment

Thank you, our house was built in 1963 so it is fairly old as well.
              From what I understand...you need to get a portion of the walls down and then decide if you should have it tested for asbestos or not(http://www.wikihow.com/Test-for-Asbestos).
              Before starting this project, my skill level was pretty much zero in regards to the bathroom but I had already remodeled the kitchen area with granite and travertine as well, so I was somewhat familar of what I wanted it to look like.
              I do have good friends in the business and always do a ton of research on anything I do beforehand and I'm a pretty quick learner as well so it went pretty smooth and I learned a lot doing it. I had almost all of the tools already, just had to learn as we went along and make sure we had all materials and workers ready on specific days(basically acting as my own GC). I did the easier parts myself such as demo work and mounting stuff, etc. but I still had a tile guy, plumber, painter/drywall guy, and electrician work their magic and gathered up all their materials that they would need beforehand(cutting out the middle man profit). I worked right along side of them and learned from them as they worked(thank goodness they are my friends lol).
              Don't be afraid to try it yourself, just plan it out(as in write everything out in a timeline and a fiscal budget) first and foremost before getting too serious, then step back and see if you want to fully commit.
              I fully shot over my first budget, but kept upgrading and wanted it done right since this will be a home that I reside in for quite sometime.
              My final budget was set at $10,000 and it came in right at it.
              I got some quotes from other GC's and they were WELL above that budget for what all I wanted done.
              I'll try to get better pictures here soon.
              Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 05-05-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                Thank you, our house was built in 1963 so it is fairly old as well.
                From what I understand...you need to get a portion of the walls down and then decide if you should have it tested for asbestos or not(http://www.wikihow.com/Test-for-Asbestos).
                Before starting this project, my skill level was pretty much zero in regards to the bathroom but I had already remodeled the kitchen area with granite and travertine as well, so I was somewhat familar of what I wanted it to look like.
                I do have good friends in the business and always do a ton of research on anything I do beforehand and I'm a pretty quick learner as well so it went pretty smooth and I learned a lot doing it. I had almost all of the tools already, just had to learn as we went along and make sure we had all materials and workers ready on specific days(basically acting as my own GC). I did the easier parts myself such as demo work and mounting stuff, etc. but I still had a tile guy, plumber, painter/drywall guy, and electrician work their magic and gathered up all their materials that they would need beforehand(cutting out the middle man profit). I worked right along side of them and learned from them as they worked(thank goodness they are my friends lol).
                Don't be afraid to try it yourself, just plan it out(as in write everything out in a timeline and a fiscal budget) first and foremost before getting too serious, then step back and see if you want to fully commit.
                I fully shot over my first budget, but kept upgrading and wanted it done right since this will be a home that I reside in for quite sometime.
                My final budget was set at $10,000 and it came in right at it.
                I got some quotes from other GC's and they were WELL above that budget for what all I wanted done.
                I'll try to get better pictures here soon.
                Thanks for the info! It will definitely be a long process if I decide to do it. I didn't realize you contracted most of it out. I Appreciate the advice.

Comment

Working...
                X