No announcement yet.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking in the mirror and wanting to see that next decile digit down on the scale. Busting my ass working out really aids with the diet as well - no way I'm working that hard only to kill it by eating like shit. I'm down 25 lbs in the last 5 months, about 5 lbs away from my target.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I fear being fat.
      I'm bored.
      I want to look good naked
      I want to be able to handle certain situations.

Memo if youre feeling stagnant like you say, try an OTC T boost.
      Cellucor p6 should give you some new gains.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I have no ambitions of being some constantly 7-8% body fat gym rat. I used to want to lift as much as I could. I was 5'6", 165 @ 10%. I got to 173lbs and could dead lift 505, squat 455 and bench 305. My goal was 180lbs and 600/505/375... then I tore a rotator cuff, then a triceps, a lat and have had several AC sprains. Now I am focused on just being fit: like a lot of other guys said I use the mirror and objectivity. I like golf and not being in the gym 5 days a week killing it and myself.

I weigh less now than I have since 2008 (152lbs), I look decent in the mirror and my lifts are respectable. I'm past trying to be sore and tired all fucking week long, forcing a 3,500 calorie diet to gain size and getting hurt. Getting hurt was the worst: I lost 2 months to the lat tear and 12 weeks to the triceps tear. Stay fit, look good, feel good and have an occasional beer.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Im just like the o/pAfter my recovery time i hope to get a motivation foot up the ass and have some workouts in my life. I could never stay on a workout plan longer then 3 mths. Hopefully this time i can stay a motivation to stay on it.

Comment

For me it's just an extra stop before going home. I have a real hard time going from home to gym. Going from work to gym to home is far easier so I've made that my routine.

Comment

Working...
            X