Vacation Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Projects

I have 10 things going on at any one time right now, but figured I would post some progress on a few things gun related.

I have an odd room, that I suspect, used to be a small bedroom, but was chopped in half when the previous owners remodeled the spare bathroom and extended it. So I put the safe in there. Over the last couple of days I moved the safe to the other side of the room and framed it in with some shelves to hold ammo and other bulk reloading supplies. This room is also going to hold the home network which I am still setting up. It was hard to take pictures of due to the small size, but you guys get the idea.

Next step is to replace the carpet in one of the bedrooms and setup my reloading room.

And I just threw on the new carbon fiber mag cover on my Remington VersaMax Tactical. I just picked the gun up a couple of days ago, so I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Last edited by Mike K; 04-16-2013, 09:53 PM.

that is BAD ASS man!!

Comment

I know the feeling about 10 things going on at any one time. I am already back in Dubai and think I have about 9 that were unfinished.

Safe room looks great. Now reinforce the crap out that door. I think we have the same safe but mine has 8 pistol pockets (2x4) in the door. I like the lights you used.

Shotty looks like the 930 I want to convert to a vent rib and extended mag.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

What do you have going on with the rack and switch?
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Looking nice. Just an idea, you may want to keep your powder stored somewhere else. Should there ever be a fire, while your safe I'm sure is fire rated, all that smokeless powder is gunna burn like you wouldn't believe. I keep mine quiet a bit aways from my safe. Just an idea is all

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I know the feeling about 10 things going on at any one time. I am already back in Dubai and think I have about 9 that were unfinished.

Safe room looks great. Now reinforce the crap out that door. I think we have the same safe but mine has 8 pistol pockets (2x4) in the door. I like the lights you used.

Shotty looks like the 930 I want to convert to a vent rib and extended mag.
            I forgot to mention that it is the new Remington VersaMax Tactical. And I agree... I have been looking at ways to reinforce it, but I don't want it to look tacky. Funny thing is, that damn room has two entrances.

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            What do you have going on with the rack and switch?
            Home network and exterior security cameras. I have one set up at the front door and love it. It is nice to just use an app on the ipad and see what is going on outside. It will be nicer once I get all the cameras bought and installed and I can see everywhere day or night.

Originally posted by phaux View Post
            Looking nice. Just an idea, you may want to keep your powder stored somewhere else. Should there ever be a fire, while your safe I'm sure is fire rated, all that smokeless powder is gunna burn like you wouldn't believe. I keep mine quiet a bit aways from my safe. Just an idea is all
            I will most likely put the powder in the reloading room once it is set up. Right now I have moved everything out of two of the bedrooms in preparation to have the carpets replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
              Home network and exterior security cameras. I have one set up at the front door and love it. It is nice to just use an app on the ipad and see what is going on outside. It will be nicer once I get all the cameras bought and installed and I can see everywhere day or night.
              That's cool. Did you do all the switch configuration yourself? I'm an IT guy and I like seeing when people do things the right way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                That's cool. Did you do all the switch configuration yourself? I'm an IT guy and I like seeing when people do things the right way.

My brother is the IT guy. I did all the shitty work like running the Cat 6 in the attic and he put the ends on the cables. He is also the one that recommended doing it right with the patch panel and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                  My brother is the IT guy. I did all the shitty work like running the Cat 6 in the attic and he put the ends on the cables. He is also the one that recommended doing it right with the patch panel and all.
                  Looks good man, glad to see it done right. It'll last a lot longer.

Comment

Working...
                  X