Firestone Service Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestone Service Centers

Phuk them! My wife is out on spring break this week so she took her car to get inspected today. They failed her due to low power steering fluid and said they couldn't add any but could perform a system flush instead if she wanted and then it would pass. I'll be stopping by to talk to the manager in the next day or two and also contacting corporate. What happened to service in a service shop?

they are supposed to upsell everything. Every car needs brakes, and brakes is calipers, pads and rotors. It's a racket.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      they are supposed to upsell everything. Every car needs brakes, and brakes is calipers, pads and rotors. It's a racket.
      I had an alignment shop tell me that I needed new ball joints, even though I put brand new ball joints on it the previous day....

Comment

go to walmart buy power steering fluid- add power steering fluid- go back to firestone with car and have them check to see its filled and then go on the way. Its free to be reinspected and they only check whats failed. They want to upsell since 1 in 10 will say yes to system flushes.

Comment

This is the reason why I take care of all car related items with my truck and wife's car. The only thing she does is get the registration tags.

Comment

Years ago I had the cobra in for an alignment. Guy took it for a spin out back I could hear him burning off and Reving the engine. Was not just a quick alignment inspection he was getting on it pretty good. Never been back and wouldn't advise anybody to

Comment

in laws took their BMW to one for some sort of intake gasket issue

Mechanic left a bolt and screw loose on a butterfly valve inside the intake...fell apart during test drive and ruined motor..

3 months later my in laws finally got their car back after they installed a used engine that had 20k miles more than the original... they basically said that's as good as its going to get.

Comment

I've been screwed by them. Walk in for new tires, they failed to balance any of them. Took them 3 hours to put 4 new tires on, I go out to drive the car and it shakes like hell. I immediately go back in and they ask if I had an appointment because it's going to be 3 hours before they can look at it again. I go up the ladder in the store, let me see your manager, store manager says sorry you have to wait. Ask them for a courtesy ride back home. Yeah its out picking up peopLe you need to wait here or get a ride. Corporate number was a voice mail on sunday

Never ever going back

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  go to walmart buy power steering fluid- add power steering fluid- go back to firestone with car and have them check to see its filled and then go on the way. Its free to be reinspected and they only check whats failed. They want to upsell since 1 in 10 will say yes to system flushes.
                  I have P/S fluid at home. I haven't checked hers since the last time I glanced at it when I changed her oil. I can't remember the last time I added P/S fluid to a vehicle, and seriously doubt hers is low. If so, add an oz and send her on the way. They charged her $25.50 and said it would be free to come back.

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                  This is the reason why I take care of all car related items with my truck and wife's car. The only thing she does is get the registration tags.
                  I do all my own work too unless a big shop is needed. This is a shop by the house for inspections. I didn't know she was going there or I would have told her to forget it. The same shop failed my jeep because of a fluid leak in the steering system. One of the hoses had grime/fluid build up on it. No leak or drip in the driveway or garage, just on hose. They failed it. I wiped it with a rag and took it somewhere else where it passed with ease. Bastards!

Comment

i only go to inspection shops for inspections. ive got a good family owned one near the house, he even changed out a brake light bulb, and only charged a few bucks for the bulb

Comment

Report them to the DPS.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Next time take it to a indian (dot not feather) shop

Comment

I use the Firestone in McKinney to do front end alignments, it's my son's friends family, they are legit. I can see how most of those places up sell though. The Brakes Plus places are straight up crooks, they tried to charge my next door neighbor $1700.00 for a complete brake job in his few year old Range Rover. I felt bad for him and did it for a little under 500.xx, new pads and rotors on all four.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                            in laws took their BMW to one for some sort of intake gasket issue

Mechanic left a bolt and screw loose on a butterfly valve inside the intake...fell apart during test drive and ruined motor..

3 months later my in laws finally got their car back after they installed a used engine that had 20k miles more than the original... they basically said that's as good as its going to get.
                            I think I would be getting lawyers involved in that bullshit.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              Don't forget the rack & pinion and the oil pan gasket. Yeah, it's a LOT for labor, but yours is leaking REALLY bad.

Firestone and especially NTB will fuck you good. It's in their corporate culture to do so.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X