my daughter's twelve birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my daughter's twelve birthday present

So I'm trying to decide whether to get my daughter a .22 auto (marlin model 60) or a single shot .410. Any opinions on wich I should choose? Also any recomendations on a single shot.410? I know we would shoot the .22 more, but it would be nice if she had a shotgun she could shoot.

I'd start with the .22 so you can teach marksmanship, and it's cheaper to shoot like you mentioned. Pick her up a cheap 410 mossberg or something for her to shoot at clays with later.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

This was my first gun.
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I agree on the 22lr. For generations kids have been learning to shoot with nothing but a nice 22, a brick of ammo, and cans for targets.

Pick her up a .410 for Christmas!
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I'd start with the .22 so you can teach marksmanship, and it's cheaper to shoot like you mentioned. Pick her up a cheap 410 mossberg or something for her to shoot at clays with later.
          That's what I was thinking since she already tries to out shoot me with my .22.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben G View Post
            I thought about one of these. But she is already used to my auto for the .22. She would hate the single shot on the .22. My dad has a bolt .22 and she always whines about having to cock it after every shot.

Comment

Ruger 10-22

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                I agree on the 22lr. For generations kids have been learning to shoot with nothing but a nice 22, a brick of ammo, and cans for targets.

Pick her up a .410 for Christmas!
                Unpossible for the last couple of months.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                  I thought about one of these. But she is already used to my auto for the .22. She would hate the single shot on the .22. My dad has a bolt .22 and she always whines about having to cock it after every shot.
                  Well you should get her off of those assault weapons!!
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    Unpossible for the last couple of months.
                    Shit I am out of the loop, but the gun shops here seem the have plenty of 22lr sitting around.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I would get a 10/22.......if you can find ammo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben G View Post
                        Well you should get her off of those assault weapons!!
                        Lmao!

Comment

Sorry to the 10/22 crowd ( because it is a great gun). But, I have had my marlin 60 for almost 30 years and it still fires perfectly. It was my first gun when I was 13 and I still have it. It has had uncountable rounds through it. If I choose a .22 it will be a marlin 60.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            Shit I am out of the loop, but the gun shops here seem the have plenty of 22lr sitting around.
                            Some things are starting to come back in stock. When the Federal .22lr bricks come back into stock, I'm going to buy at least one a month. I don't even think I shoot that much, and I'm shocked at how fast my stash has dwindled. I'm way down. I also like to take care of friends, and if I can't hand a buddy a brick of .22lr for the simple fact that I don't have it to give anymore.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Some things are starting to come back in stock. When the Federal .22lr bricks come back into stock, I'm going to buy at least one a month. I don't even think I shoot that much, and I'm shocked at how fast my stash has dwindled. I'm way down. I also like to take care of friends, and if I can't hand a buddy a brick of .22lr for the simple fact that I don't have it to give anymore.
                              Lol. I know how u feel. I usually only keep about 1000 rounds or so of .22. I'm down to 17 rounds, never felt the need to really stockpile before now. My daughter asks me everyday when I come home....did u find any ammo today.

Comment

Working...
                              X