Custom/Semi Custom 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
    I have two Wilson's. They are tight and accurate, but a bit spendy. 2500 to 4000k will get you a very nice weapon that will last a lifetime. With that said, I don't have a bad word to say about STI.
    Yeah, the STI's price point is far more attractive, but it's still a Wilson. Before dropping that kind of coin on a gun I want to make sure it's exactly what I'm looking for...

Originally posted by David View Post
    I don't know anything about these in this thread, but I'm itching for one of those colt M45s.
    Oh, hello.... didn't see those.... nice, but pricey.

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
    Regardless of which one you choose it will be hard to follow up the Kimber, IMHO.
    Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to try...

Comment

Yeah they're pricey right now since I think release just started in February. I think they are suppose to make 80 a month. Retail is suppose to be $1999.

Comment

Yeah they're pricey right now since I think release just started in February. I think they are suppose to make 80 a month. Retail is suppose to be $1999.
        They made it before the contract but it was in stainless and not coated. I think the were around the $1300 range.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yeah, that's the hard part is sucking up what could be considered a Series 80 with a few upgrades. Looks great though.

The Sig Tacops 1911 would be comparable and almost half the cost. I didn't do much digging into it so I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            I think the were around the $1300 range.
            I'd jump on that.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              They made it before the contract but it was in stainless and not coated. I think the were around the $1300 range.
              Yeah it used to be labeled as they're rail gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                I'd jump on that.
                I'd have to put hands on it first the last Colt I had the fit and finish was not very good for the $900 it was worth.

I've looked at several in around the $1000 mark lately. Local shop had a Sig Tac Ops for $850 but sold it before I got back, Kimber quality has gone down since I bought my last one and I can't find an STI like I want. I did however got a good look at the New S&W 1911 E series with a rail and was very pleased in the feel and fit, shop had a tag on it for $1045 which isn't bad at all. I really liked the Sig but I'm not too sure it would have fit in any of my other 1911 holsters since the slide is a bit different than most.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  Anyone ever tried to piece together a 1911 like from parts from Midway? I have thought about it. They sell every single part to do it.
                  If I was going to do this I'd start at Caspian with a frame and slide. I'd have them fit the slide frame, cut the frame for the ramped barrel of my choice, flat top the slide and cut it for the sites of my choice.
                  It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

For under $2000, you can't beat STI... if you're gonna spend more than $2500 on a Wilson, just get a SVI (www.sviguns.com) and call it a day. I'd say Wilson might be a touch nicer than the STI, and will likely hold it's value a little better, but neither can compare to a SVI. I've owned many STI and one SVI guns, and shot a wilson...
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Id buy a Colt if you want a gun to keep its value. Seems lots of collectors care more about the manufacturer than anything else.

Its like cars. The more mods does not equate to more money. In some cases it equates to lost value. I personally would walk away from modified guns (used) in fear the prior owner didnt know what they were doing when putting them together.

Comment

Working...
                      X