Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Game of Thrones - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome finale.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    Yeah it was.

Amazing episode though. It's good to see that the constant for this show remains: No one is safe.

That said, I have heard some theories on at least one major death in this episode that may not be as final as it seemed. It's based on fan conjecture, but there are some compelling theories.
    Dan Weiss and David Nutter both have said in interviews that Jon is dead. The speculation and theories come from George Martin's ambiguous answer about death isn't necessarily permanent in the GoT universe. Just like they didn't resurrect Catelyn Stark into Lady Stonehart on the show, they probably won't do it for Jon. Even if he did warg into Ghost, he's still not going to have any real role on the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
      So, was that jump survivable? Seem to me like it wouldn't be but some reviews I've seen think it could have been.
      I think the idea is that there may be enough snow drift to cushion the fall. Another idea is that Reek(Theon) would work it so he cushion's her fall further, possibly sacrificing himself.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      Awesome finale.

Dan Weiss and David Nutter both have said in interviews that Jon is dead. The speculation and theories come from George Martin's ambiguous answer about death isn't necessarily permanent in the GoT universe. Just like they didn't resurrect Catelyn Stark into Lady Stonehart on the show, they probably won't do it for Jon. Even if he did warg into Ghost, he's still not going to have any real role on the show.
      I'm cool with it. It's an interesting idea either way. I haven't seen the Dan/David statement on that. Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        That said, I have heard some theories on at least one major death in this episode that may not be as final as it seemed. It's based on fan conjecture, but there are some compelling theories.
        i don't read the books but if it's jon snow you are referring to, then, yea. it's no coincidence Melisandre was trying to jump his bones, talks about his kings blood, and shows back up.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I think the idea is that there may be enough snow drift to cushion the fall. Another idea is that Reek(Theon) would work it so he cushion's her fall further, possibly sacrificing himself.

I'm cool with it. It's an interesting idea either way. I haven't seen the Dan/David statement on that. Link?
          Dan

David
          SPOILER ALERT: This story contains details of tonight’s Game Of Thrones Season 5 finale. The blockbuster HBO series has never shy about depicting death, sex, betrayal and blood but this season may have reached new highs in all those categories. Despite the leaking of the first four episodes online before the April 12 season debut, Game Of […]

Comment

• eh, just cause they said Jon is dead doesn't mean he doesn't come back as some non-Jon type thing.

If you know who is parents are, I feel like he has an important role in story still.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• So dragons and the army of horses should take over next season hopefully

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                cgi'd to the gills.
                "That was digital piss"

I don't think there is any way Jon Snow is dead. One give away to me is the fact that there is no other character in the night's watch that has been developed to the point where we give a shit about them as viewers. Sam is now gone, the only other character is Tormund and he is a wildling.

There is only one scenario where it makes sense for Jon to die in such a superficial manner. That situation is one where the dead army just rolls over the wall and wipes out the watch, killing everyone. That is certainly possible. But I think it is more likely that sweet tits priestess and Davos somehow save him and they flee the wall right before the dead get there. Sugar tits will want him for his king's blood.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• That all makes sense to me. There sure was a lot of development with the face off against the Night's King for it to just fizzle out.

Comment

That all makes sense to me. There sure was a lot of development with the face off against the Night's King for it to just fizzle out.
                    Excellent point. I am not sure all of that will be wasted. I can see Jon ending up leading a wildling army, maybe with sweet tits as his sidekick.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Damn it, this show really pisses me off.

oh and that walk was CGIededed a ton.

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
                        eh, just cause they said Jon is dead doesn't mean he doesn't come back as some non-Jon type thing.

If you know who is parents are, I feel like he has an important role in story still.
                        He may just be Jon. The dude from the Brotherhood Without Banners was from the same religion as Melisandre. He could be revived whole.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          He may just be Jon. The dude from the Brotherhood Without Banners was from the same religion as Melisandre. He could be revived whole.
                          I don't care what the director says, they will bring him back.

Comment

• I'm waiting for the faceless men to wake up a zombie dragon, which will melt the wall and allow the white walkers to kill everyone.

Comment

• I've read some rumors that the incest daughter might not be dead either.

As much as I'd like to see it set Jamie off, I'd rather see Myrcella get them out later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                Excellent point. I am not sure all of that will be wasted. I can see Jon ending up leading a wildling army, maybe with sweet tits as his sidekick.
                                I have a theory since I'm watching for the second time now. I don't want to post a spoiler (though I'm not sure it can be a considered a spoiler as I'm purely speculating and I have never read the books). Either way, I'll post in white:

There is no way there is no more Jon Snow in GOT. MAYBE in the show, but no way he is done in the actual story from the books.

I think Jon Snow is the ice part of the fire and ice title. Daenerys being the fire. I think those two characters is really what the main story will ultimately be centered around.

While watching for the second time, it's clearly obvious that Jon Snow is NOT Ned's bastard son, but rather Ned's dead sister's (Liana) child. *if you don't remember her, Liana was Robert's true love he goes to visit in the Winterfell Tombs.

So that part I figured that out the first time watching, I just thought Snow was the true son of Robert Baratheon (thus true heir to the throne after Robert instead of the fake Lanister incest children) as I thought Ned was covering parenthood for a Robert bastard based on Ned's wife giving him shit that the last time he left with Robert he banged some chick and brought home a bastard.

...BUT during the second viewing, I figured no way it's a Robert bastard.
                                A. it happened before marrying Cersei.
                                B. why would Ned lie to Robert about it? From a conversation Robert had with Ned, Ned claims Snow was his bastard which took place during the Robert rebellion to overthrow the mad king. (Robert was surprised Ned would have even done that to Caitlyn Stark.)

Well, also occurring during the Robert Rebellion, the mad king's son (Rheygar Targarean) kidnapped Liana. She died when Ned went to save her.

So, I think if that child was Robert's then Ned would have told him. But because Ned lies and says it his own child, the father is likely the man who kidnapped her. Rheygar Targarean.

So that should make Snow the heir to the throne under the Targarean lineage, mad kings son's son. So NOT Danerys. I think that makes her his Aunt, lol. Why else would Jon Snow have "King's Blood" in him?
                                Last edited by momo; 06-16-2015, 10:23 AM.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X