we lost my father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we lost my father

On May 14, 2022, my father passed away. It was completely unexpected even though he had been in the hospital for two weeks. The doctors kept telling us he would pull through.

anyways, I just wanted to say that this man was a complete badass and his service to this country was pretty amazing. He served in the Navy and when he finished his commitment to them, he switched to the Army and retired from there. He loved flying and hated having to retire in 2012. These are just some of the medals/awards he received while in service.

Distinguished Flying Cross with two bronze oak leaf clusters, Air Medal, Army Commendation Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster, Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with two bronze service stars, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon with numeral one, Expert Badge with Rifle bar, Aviation Master Badge, the Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm and Korea Defense Service Medal.

Y'all live the dash, don't let your lives be marked only by your birthdate and the day you pass. Live the entire dash to it's fullest.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my father 3 days before christmas just a few short months back but fortunately we did have a year to prepare for it..lung cancer is a motherfucker. Take your time to grieve...it is a natural process and it takes time.

RIP

Comment

Most sincere condolences to you, your family, and all his friends.
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

sorry for your loss! sounded like a badass guy

Comment

My condolences to you and your family and your pops was a bad ass.

You are right, live life to its fullest, don't just sit idling by and let life pass you by.
          We have finished raising our kids and while my wife still works, we are enjoying life, taking trips and doing, seeing things that we enjoy as much as possible.

I lost my Dad in '17 and then had to finally settle his estate last year. It brought back memories and in the end that's all we have, take care and rest knowing that he will always be in your memory and heart, no one can take that away from you...'H'
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, seemed like a certified bad ass for sure.

Comment

Rest In Peace to your dad. My dad was in the Navy during WWII in the Pacific, and to this day I still hold my parents in the utmost respect.

Comment

so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Thank you all. It's crazy how you sit and know you can walk across the street to ask him a question and then one day he is just gone. It made me realize how much I took for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by centexchick View Post
                    Thank you all. It's crazy how you sit and know you can walk across the street to ask him a question and then one day he is just gone. It made me realize how much I took for granted.
                    Very sorry for your loss.. try not to blame yourself for things like that. He wouldn’t blame you. I lost mine suddenly too.
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

The hard part will be when you go and pick up the phone
                      to call him. Then will come the pause and a reality check..

RIP

Comment

Sorry for your loss! This is something I hope never have to deal with!! I would be lost!
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                        X