No announcement yet.

lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quit smoking cigarettes back in May of 2004, but a few times a year I still enjoy a cigar although I don't inhale it.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      a few times a year I still enjoy a cigar although I don't inhale it.
      do you know anyone who does???

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        A few older guys I know... seems pretty strange to me, but whatever.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. I made the mistake of picking up smoking while stressing out in the Air Force when I was pulled out of my basic flight due to a medical issue they discovered in my flight physical...which ironically turned out to be nothing but I was discharged anyway thanks to Bill Clinton. That's another story. I stopped cold turkey while visiting my mother at Baylor in 2013 after she had double knee replacement..I had been having bad headaches and other issues and while her nurse was making her rounds my mother asked her to check my blood pressure. The nurses eyes nearly popped out of her head and she called the ER immediately and had them come get me....224 over 180...they told me I was at stroke level and I've been on meds since. It was tough at first...but over time I realized I didn't miss the smell, the coughing every night and morning, and especially the cost. My dad tried many times to quit but never could...and as we went thru the house we found a lot of Chantix and other stop smoking aids....none of them worked...but I will say he quit cold turkey the day he was admitted for a heart attack...unfortunately it was too late...the cancer was already there and was far too advanced. Fathers day was a difficult day for me and my sister. For those of you that have kids and family.....don't be my dad and put it off thinking you have time. Do it NOW. Do it for your kids, grandkids, sisters, wives, mothers and fathers. Do it for YOU. Put those fucking cancer sticks down.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            Sorry you lost your dad. Maybe someone on here will stop smoking because of your story...but I doubt it. It's a terrible addiction.
            Yup, they are bad and very addictive. My Dad died in 2017 from diabetes because of smoking for all of his life. He was never without his Salem menthols and right up to a few months before he died. He made it to 78 years old but the last several years of his life were brutal.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I quit smoking cigarettes back in May of 2004, but a few times a year I still enjoy a cigar although I don't inhale it.
              Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              A few older guys I know... seems pretty strange to me, but whatever.
              I used to inhale while having a cigar, not very deeply though like cigarettes ( Winston 100s preferred). Quit cold turkey on April Fools Day in 2001 after several previous attempts and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Yup, they are bad and very addictive. My Dad died in 2017 from diabetes because of smoking for all of his life. He was never without his Salem menthols and right up to a few months before he died. He made it to 78 years old but the last several years of his life were brutal.
                Same cigs as my dad, made it to 74, like you said, last 2 years was bad, could barely breathe at all, slow suffocation...

Comment

Working...
                X