Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
    I have that crap in my car and it falls down, FYI. Don't worry about adding another layer, I'd focus on adding some closed cell foam on top of what you have.
    gotcha, it's somewhat on the underside of the trunk lid and on the doors, but otherwise it's only on the floor pan. I've looked into the closed cell foam and might do that as well.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Being a nice day out I decided to take the day off work and fix a few things on the fox. A few weeks ago after a day of driving it I noticed the drivers rear tire was flat the next day. I pulled the wheel to find the damage and it turned out the puncture was less than 1 inch from the inside sidewall. Combine the damage location with the fact the tires were right at the wear bars I knew that no one would patch it for me so I searched craigslist and found a pair of 275/35/18 Nitto NT05 tires brand new still with stickers and nipples all over them for $350 so I picked those up and had them installed today. While I had the car up on jack stands I finally pulled my speedo cable out of the T5 to see what gear was inside the tailshaft so I would know what to buy for it. Turns out I had the 7 tooth yellow one and it appeared to be in good shape. I got to thinking about it and decided I didn't want to have to wait till Monday/Tuesday to install a new gear if I had to order from LMR and decided to call Dallas Mustang and sure enough they had the 20 tooth gear I needed so I picked it up and installed that today as well. Now that the gear is swapped I finally know how fast it's going and can have an accurate mileage count on it.

Last edited by bird_dog0347; 01-16-2015, 03:14 PM. Reason: to please HECDOGGIE

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        Being a nice day out I decided to take the day off work and fix a few things on the fox. .
        As much as i love reading..... I would rather see pics.

i hate to read btw.

Comment

That's all I got on this round man...

Stevo

Comment

Well, I just placed my first order today after my tax return hit my account, I'll likely place my next order for the suspension stuff tomorrow when my bonus hits. First order was with LMR today so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow and have new seats in it this weekend..

Order Number: #xxxxxx

Mustang LH Floor Pan (79-93)
            Mustang Flowmaster 2.5" Mini-Catalytic Converters
            Mustang Headlight Adjusting Tool (87-98)
            Mustang Shorty Antenna (79-09)
            Mustang SVE S1 Racing Seats w/ Non-Assembled Seat Tracks (Pair) (79-04)
            Mustang SVE Cold Air Intake Kit Black (89-93) 5.0
            Mustang Spline Drive Lug Nut Kit Black

Stevo

Comment

Well, I just placed my first order today after my tax return hit my account, I'll likely place my next order for the suspension stuff tomorrow when my bonus hits. First order was with LMR today so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow and have new seats in it this weekend..

Order Number: #xxxxxx

Mustang LH Floor Pan (79-93)
              Mustang Flowmaster 2.5" Mini-Catalytic Converters
              Mustang Headlight Adjusting Tool (87-98)
              Mustang Shorty Antenna (79-09)
              Mustang SVE S1 Racing Seats w/ Non-Assembled Seat Tracks (Pair) (79-04)
              Mustang SVE Cold Air Intake Kit Black (89-93) 5.0
              Mustang Spline Drive Lug Nut Kit Black
              Just wondering, how did you order? Just go to their homepage and order it up? Were you still able to use the dfwm discount code? They just dropped us and are no longer a sponsor so I am curious.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Just wondering, how did you order? Just go to their homepage and order it up? Were you still able to use the dfwm discount code? They just dropped us and are no longer a sponsor so I am curious.
                I ordered through the website, and I still got a 6% discount code from Jarrod on this site this morning... but I did notice the subforum was gone so I had to search for him and the post but still found it.

Stevo

Comment

Im guessing we dont buy enough ? I have spend thousands with LMR..

Comment

They left because Eric stopped posting?

Comment

Well, part of my order has already arrived. The seats are packaged nicely and the box wasn't beat up. I've got to assemble the tracks before I can install them but I went ahead and just snapped a few pics for now, more pics and a review later on assuming I can break away today and install them.

Hmmm, the hardware doubled up on the allen head bolts to mount the track to the seat, and left out the correct hardware to assemble the tracks. Looks like I'm running to Lowes to get bolts/nuts/washers as I don't have 8 of each that match laying around.

Last edited by bird_dog0347; 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM.

Stevo

Comment

Crazy how the order comes next day!

The seats look good NIck... cant wait for updated pics !

Comment

I ordered through the website, and I still got a 6% discount code from Jarrod on this site this morning... but I did notice the subforum was gone so I had to search for him and the post but still found it.
                          The 8% code is Textax
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Seats are in, carpets all cleaned up, etc. This weekend I'll get the CAI installed and headlights adjusted. I put the antenna on and now I have radio I can hear. I also got my floor pan today, black lug nuts, as well as the Trick Flow cats, and spent about an hour talking to Jack from MM about what I need for dampers/springs so that order will be placed likely Monday or Tuesday when Jack can recommend the proper spring rates. I'll also get subframe connectors and I need to buy a welder.

Stevo

Comment

Those seats look great.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

How are those seats? I've heard both ends of the spectrum but I think they look great.
                                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X