No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran Vegas last week. Been battling an injury so really set out to only finish. One of the ladies from my running club wanted to beat her best half time of 1:40 so I agreed. With 50-70mph wind gusts and rain we were just not able to hit it, still not a bad time. Good enough to clinch her a second place division win. She has ran Boston three times and going back for her fourth in '16. Had an excellent time, will do this one again for sure....

Comment

• New to this thread, just started my first real class of crossfit and it's kicking my ass, currently at 221 lbs with terrible conditioning and hoping to get down for 190-200

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

• Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
        New to this thread, just started my first real class of crossfit and it's kicking my ass, currently at 221 lbs with terrible conditioning and hoping to get down for 190-200
        I enjoyed CF for about 3 weeks..

Comment

• What didn't u like about it??

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

• Rock N Roll San Antonio - Left with a PR and a torn up IT Band

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Well I've been trying out a linear strong-lift program for the past month or two, s well as changing my eating habits and doing a little bit of cardio. When I started this I was at #270. When I stepped on the scale at the gym last Thursday I was at #245. I'm gonna start adding in a little more cardio/ hypertrophy. I'm also debating on getting into some sort of martial art/ fighting sport. I did boxing for a little while and I really enjoyed it. Might do that, any other suggestions?

Well I'm down to 230 now, been doing mostly cardio. Doing the RASP 12 week program
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Good job man, keep it up.

Comment

• So I like the program I'm currently doing alright. And I'm really gaining endurance when it comes to running. But I feel like I'm losing a ton of strength. Thinking about switching it up to the SOFLETE selection prep program

Last edited by Probie; 12-10-2015, 03:32 PM.
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                    If I stay on track with my cut I should be where I want to be. So far I've dropped 25lbs but no strength gain/loss. Once this cut is done I wanna go full alpha mode and get my strength up to where I can do all my workouts with 3 plates per side.
                    Update my weight hasn't changed since I cut last spring. It seems like everytime I start getting close to my max goal I get a small back injury in my upper glutes. I still ride frequently and have been working out but not going heavy. I have done a shit ton of good mornings in the interim to build my hamstring flex.

This past Saturday my back was feeling good and worked up to 295 deads. I tried my PR of 315 and failed but the injury isn't bothering me. Should crush it this year. Shooting for 4 plates this go around.

Comment

Update my weight hasn't changed since I cut last spring. It seems like everytime I start getting close to my max goal I get a small back injury in my upper glutes. I still ride frequently and have been working out but not going heavy. I have done a shit ton of good mornings in the interim to build my hamstring flex.

This past Saturday my back was feeling good and worked up to 295 deads. I tried my PR of 315 and failed but the injury isn't bothering me. Should crush it this year. Shooting for 4 plates this go around.
                      Yanked 315 Friday night for the first time ever. It wasn't too ugly but my core still needs conditioning.

Comment

Yanked 315 Friday night for the first time ever. It wasn't too ugly but my core still needs conditioning.
                        Last Monday I grabbed 335 without straps. This Monday I attempted 355 with straps and failed. Shooting for 4 plates on my birthday.

I know this isn't a supplement thread but I've been using myprotein brand products and they can't be beat for the money. Highly recommend their pre workout. It's extremely cheap and effective. No stims or proprietary formulas, just proven ingredients.

Comment

• I'm at 201lbs as of last night with just portion control, making better eating choices, forcing down water, and really cutting back on beer. I still drink occasionally, but it is typically a straight whiskey without a mixer.

I've been hovering around 225ish for the last few years.

My clothes fit better and I don't feel as sluggish and slow. Still working on my flexibility for now, strength training to follow.
                          Last edited by CWO; 02-03-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Hit 218. Kinda fell off the diet/workout past few weeks with vegas in the mix. Getting back at it now. Wanna hit 200 by March

Comment

• Shit dont remind me i got a trip in vegas and its gonna kill my diet as well.

Comment

• Was on hiatus for the last 8 weeks due to things happening. Had to survive on restaurant food for that long as well. Hopefully back in the grove now and hope to lose the 10lbs gained from all the shit I ate.

Comment

Working...
                                X