My 10 second limo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 10 second limo

Glad to see the page is back. Dont know what happened here that shut it down. Looks like its slowed down a whole lot.
    Anywho, as some here know I got my favorite car last year. Enjoyed the ribbing I got over it as I know its for sure not a car many (or any) care about. I do love the machine though and while I didnt want to shoot for the 9 second record I did want the car to be fun
    Its a 2014 Audi S8 that I have converted to be like an S8+ and done a number of enhancements to. It is not nearly as expensive to work on as some people think. For less than 10 grand I have added larger turbos, better intercooling setup, enhanced the brakes, better flowing intake and exhaust, custom VS Forged wheels (still on the way), amazing little computer called the bTres that allows for change on the fly maps as well as full data loging and a complete gauge cluster.
    Car is now making 640 awhp and 715 awtq. Its now knocked off a 10.89 quarter and a 2.91 0-60 on a 93* day with room for improvement.
    So here are some of the changes:

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

We don't have a like button yet, so this is it! nice job!
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Cool car, I'm thinking something like this could be a fun replacement for the wife's macan turbo.

Comment

It’s cool to see things are going well for you and you are having fun with cars. I’d still love to see if your AWD beast can run with my AWD POS on dirt .

Comment

You might want to look at the manifold before your floors pop out.

Comment

Looks slow.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              You might want to look at the manifold before your floors pop out.
              Bad ass!

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Looks slow.
              haha!

I still want to see a video of this sub 10 second pass. Not being a hater, we just need proof around this JernT...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I still want to see a video of this sub 10 second pass. Not being a hater, we just need proof around this JernT...
                10.89 isn't sub-10.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  10.89 isn't sub-10.
                  He said it has more in it, so I'm assuming that he is suggesting it will run a sub 10 second in the 1/4 mile.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Naw, only the fastest guys running turbos a couple mm larger than mine and on upgraded pumps to run E60 and with Meth are running 9s. Best I will see is mid 10s, maybe 10.6ish I suspect when the new tires go on and it stops spinning in the first couple gears.

If I wanted a 9 second Audi I would have bought an RS3 or S7. WAY lighter and the RS3 is just way too easy to make 1000hp with.

I liked the "Danger to manifold" warning... well I mean not why it came on but the fact that it can when it sees any one cylinder go beyond 7* knock retard. Turns out I got some 93 that aint 93 so I added this tune selection for crap fuel:
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Every time I see any S8 I think of Ronin and it makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        I always think of The Transporter LOL Granted it was a BMW then a W12 A8L then an S8.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          I thought that was an M5 being chased by a Citroen?

Edit. Nvm, I forgot about the other chase scene.
                          Last edited by Trip McNeely; 05-03-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I forgot all about that, guess I need to go back and watch it again.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                            X