Woot woot! New house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I edited your post since we don't need extra LARGE pics twice, lol.

I also have 5.1 in my living room and it sounds awesome. I have a dedicated 7.2 in my media room and it sounds way better than my 5.1 but only when i'm playing 4k and Atmos sound movies. The 5.1 sounds better while I'm watching regular Direct TV. Not sure why that is as I the have Denon AVX's in both rooms but as I mentioned before the 5.1 and 7.2 is the only difference. I have Klipsch's and they sound great.
    I ALMOST got into Atmos 3 weeks ago...found a guy in Florida selling a Yamaha Aventage A2040 for 200 bucks and he agreed to ship it for 100 bucks....that was Yamaha's 2nd from the top receiver with Atmos, wifi, and HD Radio in 2015 that is still selling for over 500 if you can find one...I wanted that SPECIFIC receiver because I listen to the HD Radio stations and Yamaha removed HD radio after that generation.....but of course...UPS destroyed it in shipping..now I'm waiting for the refund. For now I'll stick with my RX-A800 5.1 with Boston Acoustics VR975 powered towers, Boston rear speakers and Polk Audio center. My living room has a sloped ceiling that starts at the back door around 8 ft and then goes all the way to the top of the house at about 25ft..theres not an easy way to do Atmos with that ceiling.

Comment

I run the Denon 6700H and kinda wish I would have bought the 8500 thats made in Japan. At the time I didnt think I would need 11 amplification channels due to the house size and the 6700 has 9 channels with 3 more preouts for the front surrounds and VOG channel.
      I only run it in Atmos mode for stuff that will only play Dolby like YouTube and a couple streaming services.
      Usually its in DD + DTS Neural X as (to me) it has the best sound and separation. On older movies with weak bass or that is only encoded in Dolby Pro Logic I will switch it to AURA 3D because Aura can do magic with the old formats and give amazing surround plus it adds some bass to the movies. Also the Aura VOG (Voice Of God) is amazing with narrated movies since the narrator is separate from all other channels and is directly overhead.
      But DTS Neural is my "go-to" setting because its so much better than Dolby by itself.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I have the Denon AVR-S650H 5.1 in the living room and in the Media room I have the Denon AVRX1600H that's a 7.2. Now that thing rocks with the Dolby Atmos with 4k movies like you're at the cinema, but in the living room the 5.1 has way better stereo sound separation.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          UPS destroyed it in shipping..now I'm waiting for the refund. .
          Good luck, my afore mentioned 7.1 blew a pre amp power processor, it was under the three year factory warranty so I sent it to a FA center in Syracuse thu Fed-Ex. They totally trashed the box and dented the unit frame and broke and a HEOS antenna. I had to keep on their ass for over two months before they sent me a refund and then they only paid me for the original price I paid for it not the $800.00 to replace it. Then they kept sending back and forth to NY and then to back to me. Long story long, the place in NYC wound up fixing it and sending it back to me albeit all dented scratched up, but it works and its in a equipment closet so I don't see it. A few weeks ago (2 months) they sent me check, morons...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Anyone have a suggestion on how to tastefully integrate an Atmos setup in this room?

Last edited by ram57ta; 07-31-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Anyone have a suggestion on how to tastefully integrate an Atmos setup in this room?

Wedge shape height speakers of choice. I went with Klipsch because I like and have all Klipsch stuff. I got the 500s front and rear and they do an excellent job. Not sure if I am gonna sell my spare set since I have to do in ceiling now or if I will just switch them and run the second set on top of my mains and do 4 front height speakers.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                Wedge shape height speakers of choice. I went with Klipsch because I like and have all Klipsch stuff. I got the 500s front and rear and they do an excellent job. Not sure if I am gonna sell my spare set since I have to do in ceiling now or if I will just switch them and run the second set on top of my mains and do 4 front height speakers.

I could do that for the front height speakers easy enough but am kind of limited on options for the back rear or ceiling speakers. Not sure if it's worth it to get another receiver and extra speakers. Definitive Technology sells some great sounding bipolar powered sub speakers that have built in front height speakers that fire at the ceiling but with my ceiling angle I don't think they would work properly and I've been reading a LOT of reviews that show those powered speakers to have TERRIBLE reliability and high failure rates.

Comment

This is how my current height/atmos setup is. Technically I am a 5.2.4 system. I find with my dipole side surrounds that I dont need to add the two more channels for gap speakers since they get the same signal as side surrounds anyway.

Comment

In the new place it will be: So yellows will be mains (RF280III), blue is front height (R500II), Purple will be the C64III center, red will be the RF602 dipole surrounds, green is the subs (one behind the sectional as a kicker and then directly above where that pic is taken will be the 5800 in celing ones for rear surround/height depending if I am running Atmos, Neural X (my favorite) or Auro which is excellent for older movies that are not mixed well or lack bass because it adds a TON of kick and does really well making surround channles.

Comment

For the purpose of surround sound I do wish I had a flat ceiling

Comment

Nice house!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Nice house!
                          Thanks! I am both looking forward to and dreading the move. lol
                          So glad I hired pro movers/packers this time.

Comment

I agree with Henry, the all stone look instead of brick combo looks really awesome!
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                              Thanks! I am both looking forward to and dreading the move. lol
                              So glad I hired pro movers/packers this time.
                              Moving is why I never plan to sell my current home. If someone wants to buy this house, the markup to get me to move is likely not worth it to them. I’d need double what I paid to consider it.

Comment

New theater couch with bass shakers arrives Thursday and theater dude is coming on Tuesday to install 8 more Atmos speakers and mount my front heights and side surrounds so I cant wait to watch this movie yet again! Best movie I have seen this millennium.
                                I need a bigger TV. I remember when a 27" was a big boy. Now my 70" looks tiny lol

Comment

Working...
                                X