Can you do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you do this?

We are looking at new flooring in the kitchen and the wife likes this..

can you do it?

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

That is awesome!!!

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Is that just stained concrete??

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
          Is that just stained concrete??
          yes
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Did the PM sent say yes or no on them doing it? What is the sq ft cost on that?!
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

He said they can overlay it. Then stain it. The score it. But we didn't get into cost
              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Its easy, but very time consuming to do it right. Stain and then buff a clear coat. And if you have ever had carpet, you will not like the finish product due to the nail holes from the tack strip. Yes you can feel those holes, but they will always show. The Kameko Stains should be used on new flooring imo.
                Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                  Its easy, but very time consuming to do it right. Stain and then buff a clear coat. And if you have ever had carpet, you will not like the finish product due to the nail holes from the tack strip. Yes you can feel those holes, but they will always show. The Kameko Stains should be used on new flooring imo.
                  It's all in the prep. You can lose the holes easily.

Comment

Thanks fit info. The wife really liked that look, we will see. I am not DIYing something like that though. Does not look easy to reset and start over

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      I wish someone would show me how. I have tried every trick I know. Maybe Im just too picky.
                      Photobucket

Comment

I wish someone would show me how. I have tried every trick I know. Maybe Im just too picky.
                        Sounds like you need to hire me

Comment

Sounds like you need to hire me
                          lol, we quit doing the stain (Kameko) many years ago. Hasnt really ben much call for it on our end anyways.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                            He said they can overlay it. Then stain it. The score it. But we didn't get into cost
                            Sent you a PM. I fail a PMing apparently.

You are correct, but it also depends on how bad the tact strips come up. Sometimes they'll blow out some concrete to where you have a bigger whole.

Like Denny said it's all in the prep. If you have a blow out and you fill it in, sometimes you'll have a darker color that sets around that filled in blow out, because the concrete is different from the filler. As for the little holes you can pretty much get them to disappear.

But what Turbo is wanting it will have to be an overlay so their wouldn't be any worries about holes and what not.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Thanks fit info. The wife really liked that look, we will see. I am not DIYing something like that though. Does not look easy to reset and start over

You are correct.

Comment

That's badass. I want to do that to my whole house!

What would something like that run me on a 1700 sq ft house?

Comment

Working...
                              X