No announcement yet.

2020 Jeep Gladiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t impress me but then again nothing Chrysler makes impresses me. Loses 5k as soon as you drive off the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      Doesn’t impress me but then again nothing Chrysler makes impresses me. Loses 5k as soon as you drive off the lot
      I'd say a Jeep Wrangler and a Tacoma are about as good a buy resale wise you'll find.

I'm looking forward to this. I bought a 14 jk Rubicon this past summer and really like it. They are cheaply built to cost so much, but that's a Jeep thing.

Comment

Pretty radical, but I dont understand their engine options.
        They'll offer a manual, but not with the diesel motor. Why?
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          Pretty radical, but I dont understand their engine options.
          They'll offer a manual, but not with the diesel motor. Why?
          Bet the transmission won't hold up to the torque.

Comment

I remember the 4 door coming out and most felt it wouldn't do well. Comparing it to current trucks on paper... it sucks... but I bet it sells extremely well if not as well as the current 4 door. I just don't get why no hemi option on either platform.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              That rear axle overhang is going to be a problem for anyone that might actually need a Wrangler.
              Lift and larger tires makes that issue go away.

If I were interested in a Jeep, this would be the one. But, I'm not interested in a Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I'm also surprised at the towing numbers. I had figured it would suck like the wrangler and wasnt even going to consider it...but this is rated for the same as my truck!

Yea, they redesigned the rear suspension and most of the frame. It's totally different from the JLU. Also, it seems they are giving it stronger axles. I read that even the base Sport will have 7650lb towing. So I'm starting to think all trim levels will have a 4.10 gear ratio on the diffs.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                That rear axle overhang is going to be a problem for anyone that might actually need a Wrangler.

Depends on what kind of off roading your going to do. You're definitely right when it comes to rock crawling but it'll do just fine on the majority of trails. The approach angle is still the best around. The departure angle isn't that much worse. But the breakover is going to be an ass kicker. That sucker has one helluva long wheelbase for a midsized.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                So you're saying most customers won't notice, got it.

This is true.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                You're not wrong, but anyone that'll put it on a trail will likely have a lift, rendering it less of an issue.

This is also true

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                I think it looks really cool, but I've also always like the Brute Jeep pickup conversion. However I bet a decked out Rubicon will be pushing the base price of a raptor and I would rather have the Raptor.

I think the company is called decked that makes that, they have it for most models of trucks.

I was curious about this myself and I started looking at F150 Raptors. I couldn't find one in my area with an MSRP under $70K. I would be all over a Ranger Raptor but Ford, in it's infinite stupidity, decided we can't have it.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                I read one article that said a current Rubicon with every option is 57k so it wouldn't be a stretch at all to put the gladiator at 60k and then it would need mods to really look right, whereas I'm perfectly happy with the raptor stock.

That price has gone up since that article. Jeep raised prices. I saw a Rubicon with a sticker of $59K. However there are plenty of dealers out there giving big discounts. I got 3% below invoice on my Sport S. I know several guys on the JLWranglerForums that have gotten 6% below invoice on Rubicons. But still, that is hella expensive.

Comment

after watching a lot of video's on the new 4 door wrangler. these things are cheap piles of shit

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    after watching a lot of video's on the new 4 door wrangler. these things are cheap piles of shit
                    But, but, but, it’s a Jeep thing!

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                      But, but, but, it’s a Jeep thing!
                      actually the old jeeps were damned reliable. the old straight-6 CJ's were built like tanks and they worked but now people buy them for the name and the sun tan

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        I think you mean expensive piles of shit..

This is how mine looks, sitting in the garage right now (2012):

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          I think you mean expensive piles of shit..

This is how mine looks, sitting in the garage right now (2012):

Ls swap!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                          X