No announcement yet.

Bathroom remodels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife wants gray tile, I told her we could just seal the floor after I get done grinding, I think it will look delightful. I may let her get the shower redone if that is the case! I shudder to think of the cost to pull that bastard and put it back. The dungeon. I will snap a pick in a minute. My new vac, bags, and grinder shield were kicking ass but the some bitch busted so I had to clean it out................... Note to self, check bag a little sooner. No dust got out of the bathroom though.

Last edited by kingjason; 08-15-2020, 02:34 AM.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Anyone remodeling a small bathroom, i have 50-60 sq ft of tile and grout left over from our master bathroom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        Anyone remodeling a small bathroom, i have 50-60 sq ft of tile and grout left over from our master bathroom

I'm digging that tile. Looking at it, would a bigger gap look better ?!.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Don't try to sell it. Do what I did and leave it all site on a unstable surface and wait. About 2 hrs later, I had lovely mess to clean up!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            I'm digging that tile. Looking at it, would a bigger gap look better ?!.
            No clue. Aesthetics are a matter of personal opinion. We paid $2.75/sq ft for it I think. Asking $50 for all of it.
            Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            Don't try to sell it. Do what I did and leave it all site on a unstable surface and wait. About 2 hrs later, I had lovely mess to clean up!
            That sucks!

Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Lol, luckily it was tile I bought and decided not to use. I had taken pictures to post for sale, moved to a different project, then crash, bang, kablammo!

Comment

Scale of 1-10 ten, ten being a royal bitch, how hard would it be to change the vent pipe? So, what had happened was, when I was knocking the old vanity out, it fell in and snapped a piece of the 1.5 off. I salvaged that, hooked it all up tonight, was sliding in new vanity and heard the crack. I am not 100 percent sure it went all the way through, that 4 way is big as shit. So, in my mind, I thought, screw it, I will prime it and glue it. Not leaking but still considering pulling it. I mean I could bow it out enough to get some prime and glue in there and now it wont budge. Just a sink drain on my side on the side.

My shitter pavement is a little wonky where they poured that in later and I had to throw it together tonight with a trim board on one side. One of my employees is between houses and living in a hotel with their kids in bound from Colorado. So I needed to clear out my hall bath. First time I have even turned on the shower in there. I may trim the master out while I am hosting and think about this floor thing. No hurry now that I have a vanity and shower in the master again. I may even mount the medicine cabinets tomorrow and my new light now that the floor is clean as a whistle. Plus I am doing a center top cabinet so I can get that ordered.

Oh, and the cheap mother fuckers used regular wood on that back end corner of the bathroom. When I pulled the trim the lower 2x4 has got some termite damage from days past. Will look good with a new piece of trim on it! Probably been there 15 years and I had to start prying shit off. If I decide to yank the shower I will most likely mess with it but if I don't I am not just pulling that corner. I know they hit there when I moved in as they went over the top of the toilet and made a spot before I treated and poured the patio. Bastards.

Oh, and yes I ordered a bidet for my master shitter! I mean it is not all booshy or nothing but it will get the job done. After getting the 29.00 one at work and it kicking ass I was willing to take the down grade.

Last edited by kingjason; 08-20-2020, 03:15 AM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

In case one of you fellas ever break a main vent line/drain. Guy told me the other day about two hours work at 140.00 an hour.

I have been watching videos on replacing load bearing walls, I mean, I have a bottle jack! If I decide to do the shower I am just going to rip that whole section out of the back corner of the house and rebuild it. While it may have some load to bear, it is not the load bearing wall for the back of the house I think. Like someone cut the LBW and added about 3 feet back there but it is bricked on both sides. Bizarre I tell ya. It is the wall that sticks out by the shitter that was the original wall. And WTF no one carries Cedar 2x4s? I thought about steel studs and sill but probably more of a pain in the but. I really didn't want to get into the shower yet..............

On a side note, my neighbor just sold their house for 330k. I paid 115k for this bitch so it doesn't hurt my feelings too much to be needing to put some work into it. I got a quote to do two skimmers, punch five holes (rust), trim and stitch a wall by the skimmer and re-plaster the pool and work over the rocks for 9200.00. I mean it still holds water and works fine, mainly cosmetic. Hell I remember when a whole pool cost that much. We are getting old.
                  Last edited by kingjason; 08-25-2020, 02:55 PM.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                  X