Lawn Watering!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn Watering!!!!

For the last two months, we have had 100° days with no rain. I've laid new sod in the back yard causing me to water daily. After hearing about places in Texas that are having water restrictions and even some towns starting to run out of water. This is making hope we do t have water restrictions in Dallas.

So who is still watering their yards? I dont see that many neighbors watering these days. Time to start hoarding water.

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    For the last two months, we have had 100° days with no rain. I've laid new sod in the back yard causing me to water daily. After hearing about places in Texas that are having water restrictions and even some towns starting to run out of water. This is making hope we do t have water restrictions in Dallas.

So who is still watering their yards? I dont see that many neighbors watering these days. Time to start hoarding water.
    How long has the sod been down?
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      How long has the sod been down?
      Good question. if roots are established the watering schedule can be backed off a bit.

Comment

I've been using the sprinkler system manually about 3 days a week letting each station run it's preprogrammed time. My yard is by no means lush and green but it doesn't look like hay either. I run the system after the sun has gone down around 9pm.

Comment

Fuck the lawn, I am watering my grapes and fruit trees.

Comment

I wish my grass would die. I have to spend 4 hours every week mowing, and then another 6 mowing my other fields.

Comment

Same thing, new sod right at the worst possible time about three weeks ago. Twice a day everyday ten minutes a station plus hand watering problem areas. The rest of my yard is getting fucking spoiled....

Comment

Ever considered Clover! I read an article on it being drought proof and easier to maintain. Maybe next year.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

i dont mow my yard during a drought. we have st Augustine around the house and it's around 8 in tall. the grass blades store water so i water less. i water just enough to keep it alive. best to leave grass alone when it's this hot and dry .

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    Good question. if roots are established the watering schedule can be backed off a bit.

A portion of the SOD is not actually set more that I just laid it down so it would not stay in a a pike while I got to leveling the ground. The back yard was all weeds and dirt. SOD has-been down for two months. There are a few pieces that are brown and those I need to water daily.

I had went to buy SOD one weekend and they didnot have the grass I want. They did have one pallet of the grass I want, it was a week old and dry. They said take it, it's free. The root yard I only water once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      A portion of the SOD is not actually set more that I just laid it down so it would not stay in a a pike while I got to leveling the ground. The back yard was all weeds and dirt. SOD has-been down for two months. There are a few pieces that are brown and those I need to water daily.

I had went to buy SOD one weekend and they didnot have the grass I want. They did have one pallet of the grass I want, it was a week old and dry. They said take it, it's free. The root yard I only water once a week.
                      Huh?
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Growing Mowing
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Down to watering once a week, mostly trying to stop yard from turning into dried out hay at this point.
                          1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                          1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                          2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

i dont mow and water about 3 times a week but for only short periods late in the evening or early am. grass is still green and healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Huh?

In short I got some free sod from the SOD company as it was a week old and brown. I had to water twice a week on those pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X