Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by udrandman View Post
    I was really wondering how they would handle that part from the book, pretty true to the book's description. I think it is a little bit out of order from the book, but that is to be expected...

This season is about to get really, really good.
    a lot of events are being consolidated down . It's inevitable with books this size.

From what i know, Book 3is being broken down into two seasons, so the pace should slow down some, and allow more character building.

Comment

• I can see them making book 3 two seasons because the 4th book is going to be good for a few episodes at most. There just isn't a whole lot of TV time in that book unless that TV time is going to be really fucking boring. We'll see what they do I guess.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• wow good episode last night wtf was that thing at the end

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I can see them making book 3 two seasons because the 4th book is going to be good for a few episodes at most. There just isn't a whole lot of TV time in that book unless that TV time is going to be really fucking boring. We'll see what they do I guess.
          +1 Book 4 and 5 were originall 1 large book, that he split out for size limitations...instead of weaving the two together, he just used book 4 to introduce all the new characters

Comment

• Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
            Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Yea, winter isn't here. I think in the fifth book they finally got some snow in King's Landing. Supposedly this is a seven book series. I say there is no way in hell it all gets wrapped up by then unless the two remaining books are 4000 pages each.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• I am almost done with the 5th book, is there any word on the 6th? If he waits as long as he did getting the 6th out as he did the 5th I will be disappointed.

Season 2 is good, but man they are moving fast, some things are out of order and others are jammed together to make a single event. The last 2 episodes it seems like I have said at least a half dozen times 'that didn't happen in the book'. To be expected though, these books are massive.

Comment

• It is my understanding that George Martin is getting up there in age, and there has been thoughts that "if" he ever passed before the series is complete the key events he intends to portray in his future novels have been established to the producers of the show. So of course there are going to be some differences but they are working to keep it uniform. Very difficult when the books jump around from one time to another.
                  Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                  Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Originally posted by okiebullitt View Post
                    I am almost done with the 5th book, is there any word on the 6th? If he waits as long as he did getting the 6th out as he did the 5th I will be disappointed.

Season 2 is good, but man they are moving fast, some things are out of order and others are jammed together to make a single event. The last 2 episodes it seems like I have said at least a half dozen times 'that didn't happen in the book'. To be expected though, these books are massive.
                    There is a chapter from the 6th book on his website as a sneak preview, it will be called The Winds of Winter or something like that. Supposedly the 7th is A Dream of Spring.

I don't see how he could keep releasing a book every two years at the pace the show is going. And his fat ass better get to writing and stop eating ding dongs or whatever he eats.

Comment

• He is only like 61, and in good health apparently. I think his magic beard protects him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        He is only like 61, and in good health apparently. I think his magic beard protects him.
                        LMAO. He is coming to college station soon, going to get him to sign my books. Maybe i'll get to touch it.
                        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

He is only like 61, and in good health apparently. I think his magic beard protects him.
                          I hope so. I read the Aubrey-Maturin series (Master and Commander) by Patrick O'Brian. O'Brian died before completing the 21st book.

Comment

• im about 80 pages into book 4 . The Dornish are pretty interesting, i hope they cast them right in the show.

Comment

im about 80 pages into book 4 . The Dornish are pretty interesting, i hope they cast them right in the show.
                              I hope they do a better job than they did with Asha Greyjoy. My god that woman is ugly in the show. When her and Theon are riding the horse and he starts pawing at her, I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I wouldn't fuck her with a dick I bought at the flea market.

Comment

• i dont remember her written as beautiful. besides, the ironborn dont exactly value beauty, but strength. Hell, Brienne of Tarth would be right at home on Pyke.

Comment

Working...
                                X