Pics & Video from my aircraft carrier embark... **LARGE IMAGE WARNING**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics & Video from my aircraft carrier embark... **LARGE IMAGE WARNING**

NOTE: Due to the number of pictures I plan to add to this thread, It's going to take some time to resize/compress them... So I will post them as they are done and after my initial post, I will try and follow the order in which the events happened. That being said this first post is exempt from the timeline, so here we go!

I'm running behind, so this will be an ongoing thread so make sure to subscribe!

I had the honor of spending the night onboard the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) and was allowed to photograph and video my heart out, so I did! I have probably 800+ pics and well over 80GB of video to share, so it will take a while. I will try to update this thread as frequently as I can, but I'm still trying to play catch up from being gone so please bare with me.

So, the experience.... F*CKING AWESOME. There is so much to say that it'd be impossible to type it all out. I will summarize by saying I am simply amazed at the men and women that serve in our Navy. I have been a military fan my entire life, especially Naval Aviation.... but I just had no idea. The level of professionalism, expertise, ethic, motivation, patriotism, and pride that our sailors posses just flat out rendered me speechless. It was such a great experience spending time with these people... and hard to believe that the average age of the 4500 - 5000 sailors on board is only 19.5 years old! If I had this opportunity when I was younger, I would have made different choices without a doubt.

Proud to be an American, and anxious to thank the next service member I see.

Just a few pics and video for tonight... More to come!

Waiting for flight ops to commence... Helicopter was loading up!

E-2C getting ready to go. During flight ops, they always have the helo, and the AWACS plane in the air. Always.

A Super Hornet getting ready...

The salute!

Off ya go!

And a cool picture of me with a Super Hornet trapping behind me.

Comment

From this point forward, I will try to keep to the timeline as to how everything played out! Stay tuned!

Comment

That is some cool shit! I can't imagine how awesome that is for you.

Comment

watched both vids twice. very cool.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Wow dude that's awesome.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Awesome.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Great pics and videos! By the way, that's my old helo squadron. I was with them back when it was HS-14. We did the transition from the H-3 to the H-60 and moved from San Diego to Japan.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That's bad ass

Comment

I was wandering why no weapons on the pylons, was this just demos for the VIP guest ? I don't know jack about the Navy.

Comment

Awesome stuff, man.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                          During flight ops, they always have the helo, and the AWACS plane in the air. Always.
                          Random info for today: Lockheed just announced they're buying Sikorsky for $8 billion.

BADASS pics!

Comment

More random info: "SSHWFGD" Stands for Super Shit Hot World Famous Golden Dragons.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by longshot View Post
                              I was wandering why no weapons on the pylons, was this just demos for the VIP guest ? I don't know jack about the Navy.
                              Good question bud,

The REAGAN is off the coast of San Diego doing carrier qualifications. Basically having pilots takeoff and land over and over. Practicing approaches, go arounds, emergency procedures, etc. They have to do this every so often to remain qualified to make carrier landings. So, no real need for weapons.

Once they are done, they are being forward deployed to Japan. Scheduled for August.

Comment

Working...
                              X