Newer Jeep Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer Jeep Grand Cherokee

Are the newer Jeep Grand Cherokees (2014-2015) worth a shit? We are thinking about picking up a slightly used one, probably an overland/summit, maybe going with the diesel option if we can find one. I personally wouldn't mind an SRT8 as the used prices aren't horrible, but it's not as practical.

I'm not a big Chrysler fan, but their new models are pretty damn nice, and way cheaper than the German options.

my dad had a 2013 or 2014 v6 gasser before he bought his diesel X5 and he was happy wwith it. was fully loaded and the quality seemed nice

Comment

I'm rolling a Grand Cherokee Summit Overland with the hemi now. I love the shit out of it.

Comment

Wrangler + Hemi = FTW
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

They actually handle really well when driven in anger.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I remember a suspension recall on the recent grand cherokee's (2011 and up). I don't know what years were involved.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              my dad had a 2013 or 2014 v6 gasser before he bought his diesel X5 and he was happy wwith it. was fully loaded and the quality seemed nice
              We drove a diesel X5, but the price once you start putting on some options is ridiculous. BMW shouldn't charge $1400 for a review camera on an SUV that starts at $55k!

Comment

See real-world reliability ratings by model generation based on actual car repairs reported by vehicle owners participating in TrueDelta's Car Reliability Survey.

Comment

I don't know if they changed models recently but my brother has a 2013ish GC. That thing just can't stay out of the dealer shop. Its just a base 2wd v6 but only has maybe 30k miles on it. He's looking forward to dropping it off at the dealer at the end of his lease.
                  1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

My buddys 15 srt8 is great. He liked his 13 srt8 more but loves them both.
                    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I bought my wife a 2015 GC Limited 4x4 with the V6. She loves it. I really dig it as well. It has a great ride. The V6 actually has plenty of power for daily driving so the Hemi or SRT have got to be crazy good.

Fit an finish is a helluva lot better than I would have expected for a Chrysler product. The uConnect system works better than most other infotainment systems from other OEMs. It is light years better than Ford's Sync. The voice command actually works too. My biggest bitch about uConnect is the traffic reporting on the NAV. It relies on Sirrus/XM for updates. Those updates are slow to come and only work for main roads or highways. I much prefer traffic reports from my Wayz App..

Another gripe is the gear selector. It's that new T-bar selector. It is easy to pass up reverse and accidentally shift into Neutral or Drive. It takes some getting used to. They also put paddle shifters on ours. I can see how that would be nice on the SRT-8, but it seems pointless with the V6.

The 4x4 system is outstanding. I drove it during the last snow we had in DFW and it was flawless. It is a full time system which lets you select what terrain you are driving on. I think the Overland 4x4 model comes with the same air suspension that is on my Ram 1500. It lets you alter the ride height of the vehicle..

Noise levels are very low. It is one of the quieter vehicles I've owned. The seats are great on long trips. The platform is based on the current Mercedes M class SUV (recently rebranded as the GLE). However it has a totally different suspension system for better off-road capability.

It's a great SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        I bought my wife a 2015 GC Limited 4x4 with the V6. She loves it. I really dig it as well. It has a great ride. The V6 actually has plenty of power for daily driving so the Hemi or SRT have got to be crazy good.

Fit an finish is a helluva lot better than I would have expected for a Chrysler product. The uConnect system works better than most other infotainment systems from other OEMs. It is light years better than Ford's Sync. The voice command actually works too. My biggest bitch about uConnect is the traffic reporting on the NAV. It relies on Sirrus/XM for updates. Those updates are slow to come and only work for main roads or highways. I much prefer traffic reports from my Wayz App..

Another gripe is the gear selector. It's that new T-bar selector. It is easy to pass up reverse and accidentally shift into Neutral or Drive. It takes some getting used to. They also put paddle shifters on ours. I can see how that would be nice on the SRT-8, but it seems pointless with the V6.

The 4x4 system is outstanding. I drove it during the last snow we had in DFW and it was flawless. It is a full time system which lets you select what terrain you are driving on. I think the Overland 4x4 model comes with the same air suspension that is on my Ram 1500. It lets you alter the ride height of the vehicle..

Noise levels are very low. It is one of the quieter vehicles I've owned. The seats are great on long trips. The platform is based on the current Mercedes M class SUV (recently rebranded as the GLE). However it has a totally different suspension system for better off-road capability.

It's a great SUV.
                        I love Waze. I wish I could replace my cars nav with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I love Waze. I wish I could replace my cars nav with it.
                          You can if you replace your head unit with one that supports Apple CarPlay or the Android version of that.

Comment

Sounds expensive. I just want to upload it via thumb drive.

Comment

Do the door panels still come apart from the door shell on the GC's?
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X