Wire bulkhead connectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire bulkhead connectors?

Does anyone have a source, or know where I can get wire bulkhead connectors? The one in the link below looks like it would work, but only has 22wires from what I can tell. Something like 40 wires would be good...

Attached Files

Brown & Miller Racing Solutions - Professional Race Hose & Fittings. We offer PTFE Hose, Smooth Bore PTFE Hose, AC Crimped Fittings, Custom Fittings, AR Reuseable Fittings, Smooth Bore Crimped Fittings, Smooth Bore SBR Reuseable Fittings, Rigid Tube, Tube Bending, Quick Disconnects, Adaptors, Protection Sleeves, Seals, Equipment and Tooling.

website sucks but these guys are the sole US importer for deutsch connectors and do most of the wiring harness's for the cup/busch/truck teams
    Last edited by Grape; 02-10-2011, 08:53 AM.
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Their site only shows hose products?

Comment

i know it sucks, trust me just call them
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Bumper to Bumper has a book with all the connections in them, you will probably have to order them, but they can get them. They had a number for a GM 60 wire connector down to a 1 wire.

Comment

You might try Allied Electric. You can filter by number of connections, and other things to find what you are looking for.

Amphenol has one that has 41 pins.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
              You might try Allied Electric. You can filter by number of connections, and other things to find what you are looking for.

Thanks, that's a lot like what I was looking for. That also reminded me, I have some of those, maybe even that brand, that my brother got off of some surplus gov't equipment. I'll have to check it out.. Thanks!

Comment

I'm assuming this is for a megasquirt or something?

Why not just use a factory eec-iv computer and wiring harness to build off of?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                  I'm assuming this is for a megasquirt or something?

Why not just use a factory eec-iv computer and wiring harness to build off of?
                  Correct.

1) OE harness not available, my car was carb'd
                  2) factory harness looks bad
                  3) factory harness doesnt have 16 injectors
                  4) no provision for IAC
                  5) OE harness doesn't have COP

There's at least 40 wires for the engine alone. THen there's misc datalogging too.. I bet close to 80 wires.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    Correct.

1) OE harness not available, my car was carb'd
                    2) factory harness looks bad
                    3) factory harness doesnt have 16 injectors
                    4) no provision for IAC
                    5) OE harness doesn't have COP

There's at least 40 wires for the engine alone. THen there's misc datalogging too.. I bet close to 80 wires.
                    Very nice!!

Sounds identical to the plan I had for my Megasquirt build before I shuffled her into storage until I get the bug again.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                      Very nice!!

Sounds identical to the plan I had for my Megasquirt build before I shuffled her into storage until I get the bug again.
                      Their new stuff is SLICK. I'm placing the order today for the system.

I already have the intake, the one that's on the car. It's gonna get converted since it's already ported for that motor etc.

This will be the 2nd one I've done. The first one was a huge learning experience, that's for sure. Now that I've got the hang of it - it's not so tough.

Comment

Man....BS3 and its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post
                          Man....BS3 and its done.
                          for 3X the cost!

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post

This.

Almost all of our on-engine OEM connectors are Deutsch. You can get anything from a 2 pin up to 100+. We use a lot of 14, 31, 55 and 60 pin (both barrel and bulkhead) connectors in our engine and chassis harness designs.

One downside... the crimping tools for Deutsch, Delphi, Amphenol and other specialty connectors are not cheap. Though I think you can get some cheaper versions, the Amphenol crimper sitting on my desk was $300 or so.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the tool for those were high as hell.

Shit, I just might have to stick to the "normal" way!

Comment

Working...
                              X